Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I don’t mean to be dramatic, but…

I’m in a Feline Fix!!! A Mulligan Mind-boggler!!!

See, normally when crimes are committed in the house, there is one usual suspect…



… and I have a strict protocol for punishing said offender that really curbs her future behavior. For example:

If the pug poops on the rug upstairs, I speak to her sternly and only give her one treat instead of two.

If the pug chases the cat and in turn knocks over and breaks a valuable family heirloom, I speak to her sternly and make her sleep at the foot of the bed that night, instead of sharing a pillow with me (until, of course, I fall asleep and she moves up to the pillow).

See, so it isn’t that I’m not a strict disciplinarian. But cats are different. The good thing is that they are independent and they come potty trained. Beyond that, they are untrainable and they do exactly as they please. Stern looks, skipped treats and sleeping restrictions do not phase them. They give you a look that very clearly says, “I’m simply not interested in your opinions or rules.”

So, for any cat experts out there, I would very much appreciate any advice you can give me on this very serious Pussy Problem that is just weeks away from exploding into a full Defcon 1 (ie, war) Cat Calamity!!!





Hugs and pugs,
Titi and Radar

5 comments:

Marco said...

I would start with the Super Soaker CPS (Constant Pressure System) 2000 and if that doesn't work you could try the hose.

Radar's Mom said...

Thanks Marco! My mom suggested that I buy two of everything, but I think your suggestion is more cost effective. The baby's things will all be wet, but hey, babies are always wet anyway from what I hear!

Marco said...

Really, you've only yourself to blame for buying baby paraphenalia and acutriments at cat scale. Maybe the solution is for me to send lots more down w/ Eduardo, so you have enough for the Mulligan and Radar.

Radar's Mom said...

Once again Marco, you are right. This is my fault. Had I really wanted to avoid this, I could have gotten fitted lids for all the baby furniture (ala that kid's game where the round peg doesn't fit in the square hole, but with a baby shaped cut out in each lid). Since you're an architect and I don't really have any more room in my little house for more baby things, maybe you could design and build all the custom fit lids and send them down with Dardo? It's the least you could do for embarrassing me on this blog by pointing the finger of blame at me!

marymartha said...

They sell a very effective spray that discourages cats from being in certain places, and it does not have a bad smell for humans. Another possibility is for them to take turns. Cats adapt better than babies, so I think you should give Mulligan credit for knowing where to be. Cats can also understand when they have to. You just have to convince yours that you mean business. They also make covers for cribs. I would consider this for Radar's sleeping places, because there have been cases of cats smothering babies to death by lying on their faces. Good luck.