Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Just a quickie... Happy 2 weeks baby boy!

Well, not too much to report today. We had big plans to get lots of stuff done and instead spent most of the day playing vegetable. We did go to our follow up appointment with the chop doc (circumcision guy) and Radar's wee one got the big thumbs up... all healed and looking good! So that traumatic phase of our lives is now in the past.

Today is Radar's two week birthday. How can it be that this little, perfect piece of love has already been in my arms for two weeks? I'm already looking at pictures that span these past 14 days and I see my sweet boy changing! Yikes... slow down time... let me savor this more slowly. Right now Radar is asleep on my chest and every few minutes he squeeks. I lean down to smell his baby hair and kiss his head every couple of minutes. And I still cry when I look at him, so I guess I'm doing my best to savor these moments. A friend wrote to me today and told me that I'll look back on these sleepless nights and cherish them, so sleep be damned for now!

For all of you less mushy types, I apologize for all the sappy sentimentality, but I am hormonal, sleep deprived and hopelessly in love with this baby of mine, so you'll just have to put up with it.

As for the name the picture contest, there have been a number of unsigned entries, one of which I really liked. But I'll wait another day to see if there are any other suggestions and announce the winner tomorrow. For today, I'll just repost this picture of Radar that my aunt said reminded her of the Gerber baby but with more personality... what do you think?


Lots of love,

Titi and Radar

3 comments:

The Science Pundit said...

I'm going to have to agree with Tia Sara on that.

Lali said...

Yup! I agree too! So much love!

Lali said...

Oops! HAPPY 2week BIRTHDAY Radar! Hugs and Kisses from your aunt!