Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fun day

Ok, so let me start with another big thank you to Tara! Not only did she help me rationalize my first beer, but now she tells me that if I drink a beer every time I nurse, Radar will grow up to be a doctor... or something along those lines! And yes, that first beer went right to my head... as did the beer I had this evening at dinner. And although I didn't have a glass of wine, I did the honor of taste testing the bottle for the table and I'd nearly forgotten that red wine is really yummy! This was Radar's first outing to a fancy restaurant and he was an absolute angel.


As for the rest of the day, we just futzed around and enjoyed a fun day at home. I swear that I caught some small smiles today, but nothing really obvious yet... so I guess that SMILE WATCH Day #7 is a semi-success.


Tio Dardo leaves tomorrow and Friday is Radar's one month birthday which we'll celebrate by going to the doctor to see how much he's grown. Does anyone care to venture a guess as to how much Radar will weigh on Friday? He was born at exactly 7 lbs and dropped 10 oz to 6 lbs 6 ozs when he was 6 days old (read nothing into the 666 theme). It's hard for me to tell how much he's grown since he's still my tiny little baby, but everyone else says that he has definitely grown.

The winner can come visit me in the Bahamas (free room and board) and have the great honor of rocking Radar to sleep in the middle of the night!

Lots of love,
Titi and Radar

7 comments:

The Science Pundit said...

9.8 lbs

Tia Sara said...

Titi,
In Mamina's day they actually recommended beer for nursing. It was supposed to provide nourishment, liquid and stimulate lactation. In my day (and living in Europe) nobody told me I wasn't supposed to have wine, so I did. Whether that has anything to do with my children's taste for the stuff is debatable. 8.8 lbs.
Love
Tia Sara

Anonymous said...

My guess is 8.2 lbs!!!!!
Love you and Radar!
Gail

Abuela said...

Let's strike a mean here...8.4lbs

TaraMac said...

Well...I wasn't quite recommending that you actually drink every time, I'm only telling you what I was told... :)

9 lbs. 10 oz.

Anonymous said...

Code Monkey says 10 lbs.

Lali said...

10.1 lbs