Monday, January 5, 2009

Man about town

Mr. Radar had another busy day... we headed back to the US Embassy to tie up those loose ends that had roadblocked Radar's path to US citizenship. In the car on the way, my dad asked how I thought it would go. In my never wavering optimism and confidence in US bureaucracies, I boldly stated that everything would be wrapped up and we would be out of there within 15 minutes. My gambling dad could not resist the chance to put money on it and we agreed to a hefty 1 Bahamian Dollar bet. I am happy to report that I am 1 dollar richer!! Everything was done and we were sent on our merry way in just under 13 minutes. Now it's just a 7 to 10 day wait for Mr. Rafael Darwin Pazos' passport, social security number and proof of formal US citizenship. Not bad for a 20 day old, eh? While we were there, we met a couple who had brought in their 10 day old baby girl. She also was 7 lbs at birth and Radar was noticeably bigger than her. I guess that means my baby is growing! He doesn't go back to the doctor for another couple of weeks so we'll see how much he's grown then.

We then walked over to the bank to get some throw around money and proceeded to a downtown diner for a quick lunch. As a follow-up to yesterday's post, we did make it to Atlantis and as I suspected, Radar slept through the whole thing. But that didn't stop me from snapping shots of Radar by the big fish tank. Javier will be happy to know that we did not venture out to the shark tank, so there was never any danger of Radar becoming a shark snack.


Lastly, I just want to point out that 20 days in, I am still learning new things every day. Today I learned that crying doesn't always mean hungry and even eating doesn't always mean hungry (how very Pazos!) Twice today, Radar sucked down a whole tummy full of breast milk only to immediately follow up his meal with some spitupus projectus! That's right... projectile spit up that shot out like a high power hose, first spraying my shirt and between my boobs, soaking my bra, then following up with an impressive 4 foot stream that splashed all over the floor (which the pug quickly jumped on, causing a chaotic scene of me trying to console baby against my milk soaked shirt and boobs while fending the pug off with one foot.)

But he seems no worse for the wear... he doesn't seem to feel bad and has eaten plenty outside of his two spit up episodes. Right now he's sleeping on my lap and looking as perfect and beautiful as always. This is what I'm looking at right now... it never gets old!

Lots of love,
Titi and Radar

5 comments:

Fantango said...

wen wil rader be able to swim so we can go out wit te boat or kajak wit uncle Stefan?

The Science Pundit said...

Don't kick the pug over some spilled milk!

He is sooooooooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh the good ole' puke down the bra! Won't be the last time either....just wait til it ends up in your mouth! Yeah, Sean went there.

Lots of hugs!
Melissa

Dardo said...

As for Crying and Eating not meaing that he's Hungry, have you considered the possibility that rather than this being evidence that Radar is Pazos-like, that instead it's evidence than the Pazoses are baby-like?

Radar's Mom said...

Excellent point Dardo! We are looking forward to your visit and perhaps you can do some further Pazos vs. baby behavior analysis!