Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A NEW DAY!!! And I think Radar Approves!!!

Welcome to the White House
Mr. President Barack Obama!!!!


"We remain a young nation, but in the words of Scripture, the time has come to set aside childish things. The time has come to reaffirm our enduring spirit; to choose our better history; to carry forward that precious gift, that noble idea, passed on from generation to generation: the God-given promise that all are equal, all are free, and all deserve a chance to pursue their full measure of happiness.

In reaffirming the greatness of our nation, we understand that greatness is never a given. It must be earned. Our journey has never been one of short-cuts or settling for less. It has not been the path for the faint-hearted - for those who prefer leisure over work, or seek only the pleasures of riches and fame. Rather, it has been the risk-takers, the doers, the makers of things - some celebrated but more often men and women obscure in their labor, who have carried us up the long, rugged path towards prosperity and freedom."

4 comments:

Dardo said...

Smile watch enters into the age of Obama with new promise.

The Science Pundit said...

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Lali said...

I had resigned to missing the speech as there was a conflict with Statistical Mechanics class. Although some of my fellow classmates decided to skip to watch their TVs, I was a good student and attended class.

As my luck would have it, my prof decided that since our class time was so inconvenient, he would bring Obama to us! We watched the live stream! It was so beautiful.

By the way, this Saturday I awoke to the sound of running water. The water was running from my ceiling. I found out after my panic, helpful neighbors, good fire fighters and Todd the plumber that water froze in my pipes and caused four bursts.

Just an update.
Love,
Lali

Counsin Laurie said...

On the day of the election, I told my very mixed race child, that it was a very historical and ground breaking day in our history...and I was right. Thanks to CNN and a new computer at work, I was able to participate as if I were there. I agree that our children are fortunate to see this day come, and that we as a nation have finally come to embrase our diversity. He is not just an African American President, but one of color, one for all our children to look up to and see a future for themselves.