Sunday, January 25, 2009

Plan vs. Action

Ok, so my Mom left yesterday at midday and we've been on our own since then. But we have no intention of sitting idly by... we intend to get lots of stuff done and take advantage of the next 7 weeks before I have to go back to work. I need to get used to being busy all the time and there's no better day to start than today. So we started the day with a to-do list... not overly ambitious, but enough to not let the day slip by. Here's the list:



Now that's it's 9pm, I can proudly say that the list now looks like this:


But hey... plans change right? So, there were 8 items on the list and I definitely did 8 things today. Here goes:

1. bathe Radar

2. eat cereal for breakfast, lunch and dinner

3. take Fantango out for two very short walks with a screaming baby in stroller

4. stare at dust and hairballs under coffee table as I sat on couch with baby napping on my chest (as he's doing right now to allow me to write this short post - oh, hey, there's the same hairball from earlier... "hi hairball!")

5. rashly and crookedly cut bangs off because it was driving me crazy to have my greasy hair falling into my eyes

6. take nap on couch with baby sleeping on my chest

7. forget that Radar peed all over his night sack last night and put it back on him so that he smells like pee as he's sleeping on my chest right now!


Ok, so I only got 7 things done... But that's not so bad!

Let's just hope that my Monday can be as productive as my Sunday!!! And for anyone wondering, that white thing on the arm of the couch is my bra that I took off some time yesterday and never apparently had the time to move to the dirty clothes pile... maybe I'll put that on my to-do list for tomorrow.

Lots of love,

Titi and Radar

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know all to well what your life is like right now.. you made me laugh!
-code monkey

Lori said...

Dear Christena,
Welcome to the life of a loving mother! Most days I never even put a bra on. At least you had a bra on to get it dirty. Busy but wonderful, right?
Much love,
Lori

Anonymous said...

Thats more than I did today and theres no baby around here..

Braless in Searsport

Lali said...

Love it!