Friday, January 16, 2009

Sweet sound of normal...

a teaser...
Happy 1 Month Birthday Radar!!!! We're heading out to a friend's house this evening to celebrate, but I couldn't wait to post since we just got back from Radar's 1 month check-up.

But before that, I want to give a sleep update. I've gotten lots of good advice and reassurances from so many of you, and last night I took some advice and I got some sleep. Radar, Fanny and I were all hanging on the couch last night watching the tv (you can never get too much US Airways Miracle on the Hudson news...). Radar fell asleep around 11pm. Fanny followed suit. Then I dozed off around 11:30pm. I didn't really mean to fall asleep on the couch with the pug and Radar, but that's just how it happened. At 3:30am I woke up on my own - Radar was still sleeping beside me!!! Fanny was still asleep at my feet. So I quickly slipped off to the bathroom and when I came back a minute later, this is what I found.


On that same sleeping topic... Today is Day #9 of Smile Watch and still no smile. But like I mentioned in earlier posts, Radar smiles a lot in his sleep. Today we were actually able to catch one of those sleepy half smiles - isn't he handsome?! I mentioned to the doctor that he wasn't smiling yet and he said, "first you'll see him smiling in his sleep and two to three weeks later you'll get the whole shebang..." So I guess I'll keep holding my breath for the big moment!


Then of course there is news on the check-up. NORMAL! Radar's growth, his ears, his eyes, his peeter and pooter, his head, his heart, his lungs... all of it NORMAL. And I also got the results of all the screening tests that had been run for about 50 different genetic and other potential problems... All within NORMAL range! Now, don't get me wrong. I know that Radar is the most handsome, extraordinary baby that was ever born to this world.. but when he goes to the doctor's office, the best thing in the world to hear is the sweet sound of that word... NORMAL!

Lastly, it must be the pictures of Radar's big head that swayed so many of you to guess near 10 lbs. But it was Tia Sara who pretty much hit the nail on the head...

8 lbs 13 ozs... which is just about exactly 8.8 lbs. Congrats Tia Sara - when are you coming down for your grand prize???

More later on Radar's birthday party!

Lots of love,
Titi and Radar

2 comments:

The Science Pundit said...

Obviously he's dreaming of pugs--I can tell by the smile.

TaraMac said...

Drat! I was checking flights on Expedia...