Thursday, January 8, 2009

Three things...

Ok, so today is an exciting day since Tio Dardo came to meet his nephew! That's the first thing.

But Dardo didn't come empty handed. He brought a very cool gift for Radar...

That's right, it's a non-fiction book titled "Mama voted for Obama." All true... I read the book and it turns out that every word inside is pure non-fiction. By way of example, some random pages read as follows:


"She didn't vote for a gorilla or a chinchilla or Godzilla. Mama voted for Obama!"

"She didnt' vote for a prairie dog or a pollywog or a big ol' hog. Mama voted for Obama!"

Cute, but mostly I'm posting this because it gives me a chance to repost a picture of me with Matt Damon from late October!! That's the second thing.

Lastly, I would like to start the smile watch... I've read that babies normally smile for the first time between 4 to 6 weeks of age. Radar is 3 weeks and 2 days old today and although I catch fleeting smiles when he's napping or practicing facial movements, I still haven't seen a deliberate smile. But we're getting close, so every day I'm going to try to catch a smile or something close to it on camera... this is the closest I could get today. I can't wait for that first real toothless smile to melt my heart! And that's the third thing.

Lots of love,

Titi and Radar

3 comments:

The Science Pundit said...

You didn't vote for Godzilla???

:-) (that was Tio Javier smiling)

Lali said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! That is me screaming with pure joy for Radar. It is good that I am not physically there because it would hurt his beautiful ears. Radar's smile is so so cute! I love you guys so so so much.
I am a fan of the Obama book. Dardo and Radar look fabulous together. (Not as good as Radar and I but you can't compare!)

Loads of love!
Lali

Lori said...

Oh my gosh! You met Matt Damon and have a picture of the two of you together?! You amaze me more every day, you even know big movie stars! I guess you were just the friend I needed to meet. Pretty cool stuff Christena. The picture of Radar is adorable as usual.Have camera ready in hand because he will begin to smile back at his beloved mommy very shortly.

Much Love,
Lori