Monday, January 12, 2009

Under the weather

Thank you to everyone who left tips and reassurances about all the "baby won't sleep at night" worries and my own sleep deprivation. Radar's doctor is a big believer in sleep training and basically lectured me on our first visit about how baby is part of the family and should learn to live by the house rules... well, that really ain't my m.o! I waited 40 years for a baby and lost a baby before getting to where I am today... so to not cuddle my sweet boy when he cries for me seems cruel and impossible! (I guess I better not give Radar's doctor a link to this blog....) So, to hear reassuring words that I'm not spoiling Radar and that he'll eventually sleep is good enough for me! I do want to look into one of those baby slings too.

But all that said, we did actually have a much better night last night (Radar slept from midnight to 3, then 3:30 to 6:30, then 7 to 9:30 and all in his crib!) Although it was pretty broken up, I also managed to get 5 or 6 hours of much needed sleep. And then today, my dad's wife Angela arrived and took over baby duties for a couple of hours while I grabbed a nap! So this evening I'm feeling pretty on top of the world (compared to the previous couple of days) and I'm ready for whatever excitement Radar has in store for me.

Now as to the subject line - I'm feeling great and Radar is just fine as well (actually, he's perfect and delicious!) But my other baby, Fantango, seems to be under the weather... I don't know if you can tell by the picture, but her eyes and nose are runny. In turn, she's been extra clingy and affectionate today. So if you could all send your virtual doggy cookies, we're hoping that this is just a quick cold that passes so that she's back up on her paws before we know it. Or maybe it's the long nights... afterall, Fanny is up with us all night and maybe the new schedule has gotten to her.

And lastly - SMILE WATCH DAY #5 is another bust! I did stare at Radar for about a half hour this morning as he slept in my arms and he definitely makes smiles when he's dreaming... how can his dreams be so much better than his reality at this stage? Are you dreaming about being back in that warm, dark, wet place again baby boy? Tomorrow Radar will be 4 weeks old and that official "normal" window of 4 to 6 weeks for smiling begins... so I guess tonight I'll just accept that he's practicing in his sleep for that smile that will dazzle me at some point in the next two weeks! Smile or no smile, I love you so much more every day my darling Radar!!!


Lots of Love,

Titi & Radar

0 comments: