Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Chilly days

I don't mean to rub salt into any wounds, but it's cold down here!!! Today the high was only 70F and tomorrow the high is only supposed to be 66F! Brrrrrrr.... But that didn't stop us from braving this frigid weather and venturing out to Goodfellow Farms. For anyone who hasn't been, it's worth coming all the way to the Bahamas to visit! The NY Times described it as Connecticut in the Caribbean, but I think it feels more like Napa Valley in Nassau. Radar didn't really get to enjoy it since I had a blanket draped over his carrier so that the col breeze wouldn't get him, but Ms. Fanny ventured freely about since, among all its other virtues, Goodfellows is also way dog friendly (as in "no leash" friendly)!

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0DE3DC1539F935A25752C1A96E9C8B63&scp=2&sq=goodfellow%20farms&st=cse

http://goodfellowfarms.com/home.html



So I guess today was really a good day for Fantango and there really isn't much else to report on this blustry, wintry day here. By the way... how's the weather in your neck of the woods???



Lots of love,
Titi, Radar & Fantango


PS - And just because I saw this and it made me laugh... particularly the line about loving Jesus. Enjoy!!

10 comments:

The Science Pundit said...

I had to shovel the sidewalk this morning, but I didn't feel cold at all. That was probably because of the listerine.

Dardo said...

Napa Valley in the Bahamas doesn't have any alliteration. No wonder you don't write for the NYT.

Radar's Mom said...

I beg to differ Dardo... I said Napa Valley in Nassau, not the Bahamas... and I said it for the very reason that you mention - alliteration. So now can I write for the NYT? I mean, I'm already a liberal hack!

Abuelito..Angela..Mime said...

Like Javier,,we had a very cold days in Charleston too,,, shovel avery day,,,sometimes 2 times,,,,not good...Especially grandpa,,,Tribi,, don't like this,,after hi come back from Nassau... today the hightes was 18,,,
big hug..love u ..titi and Rafita.

Anonymous said...

Its pretty cold up here, so we're all taking nips of Listerine to keep warm. God bless.

Farschnoschket in Fridged Frederick

Tia Sara said...

Prepare papoose properly for polar Potomac!

Cousin Laurie said...

What a hoot. I want to call Glady's too. That would make anyone's grumpy day a whole lot better! Wet and cold here. As always I didn't believe the weatherman and once again he was right - wow two in a row. Must be a worlds records for LA weather!

Anonymous said...

I would like to be sympathatic but it is currently Seven degrees here in Maine...YES, I said SEVEN Degrees!!
And I am also not at all amused by Gladys as I see myself a few years from now...or is that a few weeks???

Chaile said...

Very nice post. I enjoyed watching that episode it was hilarious. Reminded me of life in Texas.

Lali said...

Here in Chicago it has been pretty chilly. Recently it was -20 F. But today it is a steamy 50 F. Snow is melting! I love and miss you guys soo soo soo much!