Monday, February 9, 2009

New Contest! (bumped up from Feb 8)

Winners to be announced tomorrow, Wednesday, February 11th!!!!

This coming Thursday is Darwin Day in celebration of the 200th birthday of Charles Darwin. We here are big fans of Darwin. Not only was Darwin my beloved grandfather and not only is Darwin Radar's middle name, but we are most definitely big fans of the original! We believe in science and we believe in evolution, so we plan to celebrate this coming week.
One way that we're celebrating is to go in for Radar's 2 month appointment during which he will get his first round of vaccinations. Yes - we believe in immunizations!

And during that visit, Radar will also be weighed and that's where the celebration contest comes into play. Once again I will be asking for guesses as to what you think Radar's weight will be and this time we'll be giving out real prizes! There are three prizes (in no particular orde) for the three closest guesses (over or under). Remember that Radar weighed 8 lbs 13 ozs at his one month appointment and he has definitely grown... I don't know how much because I see him every day, but shrinking diapers clue me into the fact that he has indeed grown.

I still haven't made his appointment, but I will be trying to get him in on either Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. So you'll be able to guess until Tuesday night.

The prizes are as follows:

A large cotton gray t-shirt with this...


An evolution poster (I think it's 16 x 20, but I'll have to check that)...

And a large Darwin Day mug imprinted with the picture at the top of this post....
It's a beautiful day here, so we may be heading out to the beach a bit later and I may do a second post for today... but I'll keep this one bumped to the top until the contest is over.

So the question to be answered is
What does Radar weigh now???

Good luck and lots of love,
Titi and Radar

PS - We're off to the beach, but I just had to post these pictures of Rafael Darwin in his froggy outfit today. Ribbit!





18 comments:

Luis Portugal said...

Hello
It has a nice blog.
Sorry not write more, but my English is bad writing.
A hug from my country, Portugal

Abuela said...

Muito obrigado a Luis. Falamos bem o portagnol. How many times can I vote? Once a day? Twice? 11lbs9oz.

Dardo said...

I vote 10lb 9oz.

Jenna said...

my guess is 10 pounds 4 oz, Im not sure who vaccines hurt more, the baby or the mama! I remember being so crushed after first shots, we all got over it quickly!:)

Sara said...

This was really complicated for me because I had to do the conversion to Kg and grams and then to lbs and oz, and finally after much multiplying, adding and substracting my guess is......

10lbs 3oz
Sara

Sara said...

This is Sara Pazos de D'Aprile by the way...

Un beso

Tia Sara said...

The older Tia Sara says 10 lbs even

Marco said...

9lb 14oz

Viviana said...

My guess 11Lb 4Oz

The Science Pundit said...

11 lbs. 1 oz.

Anonymous said...

Titi,

I really like how intelligently you have designed this blog entry. My guess is 24,573 carats or 10lbs 13 oz.

Hope all is well

Love

Rafa

Angela de P. said...

I VOTE FOR,,, 9 LBS 9OZ
GO RAFITA,,,
BESOS

Lori said...

10 lbs 7 oz and Radar can deliver my prize in person. ;)

Anonymous said...

I think his weight will be.... his weight in gold! no wait, that's what he's worth...

Barry

TaraMac said...

10 lbs 13 oz.

Bill Moss said...

I say 12 lbs 10 oz. I still wanna know what's up with the feet? Glad you guys are doing well.

Lori said...

My weight guess for radar is 11 pounds 4 ounces! The breast milk is sure doing its job, Radar has really grown in the past two months.
Much love,
Lori

Anonymous said...

I guess that Radar will be 10lb and 4 ounces, Christian