Sunday, February 22, 2009

Radar World Tour - Day 6; Staying put!

It's cold up here... at least it's colder than what we're used to. The day started with plans to step outside for a photo op since we woke up to big fluffy flakes of falling snow. Sadly we missed Radar's first snow because by the time we got him bundled up to mommy's satisfaction, the snow had stopped. But our opportunities may not be over since we continue heading north this week and the great state of Maine is often generous enough to deliver snow in February - we can at least be sure that it will deliver even more frigid temps... brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Right now we're literally just chilling out here in Washington Cottage, enjoying the beautiful view of the sun setting over the Blue Ridge mountains.


And it's finally quiet... the guest list has dwindled and of the 20 people that filled the house last night with loud cheer, it's down to 7 (3 munchkins and 4 adults). Spread out over three floors, that makes for a pretty peaceful house. Just as the house was emptying, we had the pleasure of one last guest for the day! Ileana dropped by, fresh off of her flight from Buenos Aires. She agreed that Radar is truly the most beautiful baby on earth and that my opinion on the subject is in no way biased.


So today was a day of staying put and recovering from sensation overload before we crank back into action and continue our travels over the next couple of days. With that, we'll wish everyone a toasty good night.

Lots of love,
Titi and Radar

PS - Vivi and Rafa... Ileana says she has a really great real estate agent in case you guys are interested.

4 comments:

The Science Pundit said...

Obviously the fates have decided that Radar's first snowy picture will be with his Tio Javier.

Jenna said...

I cant find your email address, can I add your blog to my blog list?

Lizzie said...

It is so beautiful, I would love to see that part of the States, especially in autumn with all the wonderful colours. Heck I just want to see all over!
Yes I would say I was buddha like literally!!!!! I have been trying to lose weight for years, all I succeed in doing is put it on, ah well, the choice is to be hungry or eat a cream cake, the cake wins every time!
Hang in there with the snots, I used to be completely freaked out but now I don't worry, how things change! By the way are you on facebook? If you are my last name is Walsh, I am addicted!

Lori said...

Have no fear, you will arrive in Maine to an abundance of snow! Too bad you didn't make it here yesterday - Radar would be seeing enough snow to last him a life time. We woke to TONS of the fluffy white stuff this morning (enough that we are almost literally snowed in) and it's still snowing. [Poor Fanny would stand no chance as our huge Shepherd took two steps out the door and peed on the deck instead of venturing further into the abyss! And little Radar snow angels are definitely out of the question!]

So, I'll hope that it spits a few flakes so Tio Javier can share Radar's first snow and then I'll wish for winter to be over as I have had enough! This is about as cheery as I can be at this point:

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
"So it is."
"And freezing."
"Is it?"
"Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Lori