Monday, February 2, 2009

The tale of a grumpy day

Ok, so I had planned some clever Groundhog day posting as Marco suggested in her comment from yesterday. But four things got in the way. First, I do not have a furry brown costume for Fanny (although she's fat and furry enough to be a groundhog, so this one could have been forgiven). Second, I did not have an appropriate outfit for Radar, such as a top hat and black tie (but I had him wearing baseball attire for the Superbowl, so this too could have been overlooked). Third, Radar's predictive powers might not be taken very seriously since he blew yesterday's call (even though he came darn close and the Steelers didn't make the spread, so this point could be argued as well). Lastly, and most seriously, Radar has been a very serious and unrelenting frumpy grumpy all day, making any goofy photo op impossible!!!

So sorry Marco! The below photo is our day in a nutshell:

The only brief moments of peace today have been found in dancing, rocking and the famous "chupi-chupi" (aka binki). And things in this disfunctional household only get more complicated. Fantango has largely ignored her own chupi-chupi (that she stole from X on his April visit) over the last months, but now whenever Radar is on the couch she brings her chupi-chupi up and they suck away side by side! After taking this picture, I wasn't paying attention for a few minutes and when I looked over, Fantango had nudged her chewed up, dog saliva'd chupi to within a half inch of Radar's mouth and he was rooting for it... luckily I intervened.


Let's hope that tomorrow is a less grumpy day!

Lots of love,
Titi and Radar

PS - As a consolation prize to Marco, I took this picture without a flash today and I guess if we assume that Fanny is the groundhog, you might say that just like Punxsutawney Phil, Fanny saw her shadow and there are 6 more weeks to winter. Sorry!

2 comments:

The Science Pundit said...

How much wood would a Fanny chuck,
if a Fanny could chuck wood?

Marco said...

I won't lie to you, the answer I was looking for was 2 weeks. Oh well, the pug has spoken.