Monday, March 9, 2009

Last Monday

I woke up this morning with a plan steeped in responsibility and practicality. This is my last Monday as a full-time mom. One week from today I head back to the office and I'm pretty bummed about it. It isn't that I don't like my job or my boss or my colleagues... I do, I do, I do. In fact, I feel very, very lucky to be with the company and group that I'm with. But for the past 12 weeks I've had a better job and I'll miss it more than I can imagine or face up to right now.

That being said, I thought today might be a good day to start slipping into some sort of routine. To get up at a given hour, try to eat on some sort of schedule, nap at certain times, etc, etc. I thought if we did this for a week leading up to my leaving Radar full time, it might make the transition a little easier.

But then I thought - there's always tomorrow for that practical crap... It's a beautiful day and this is my last Monday home with Radar, so let's have some fun! Let's get some sand in between our toes!



Don't worry - I didn't have Radar basking in the sun all day. This is the 6pm setting sun and Radar was only out of the shade long enough to shoot a few pictures before I covered him all up again. He may not be able to quite build sand castles yet, but he did seem pretty interested in the towel and the whole beach scene. And I included that last shot just so you pug people wouldn't think that Fanny was left behind!

Lots of love,

Titi and Radar

7 comments:

The Science Pundit said...

Cutest beach drool I've ever seen!

Anonymous said...

Am I missing a name here in the story???? O.k. probably taken for granted....;)
Uncle Stefan....
BTW: Science Pundit....when are you down here for some serious cycling races???? Definitely you won't be first....;)

Lori said...

Dear Christena, how will you fit Radar, Fanny, Mulligan, blog, facebook, email and a job in one day? I love the tiny little toes with sand in them. Connor's toes now fill a size 11 1/2 man's shoe!
Much love,
Lori

Anonymous said...

Any true Mainer knows that you have better sandcastles if you mix a little saliva in the sand.....
Sandi

Cousin Laurie said...

What a nice day to spend with him. I know how hard it is to go back to work, but remember the end of the day will be something you will SO be looking forward to each day because you have that cutie to go home to!

Marco said...

Absolute paradise. Savor every last second of full time mommyhood w/ Radar. Shhh, forget work...

Sara said...

BTW, who will be taking care of Radar while you're at work? Daycare? Grandma? Domestic Elf? In my case, as you may be aware, my mom was not an option for more than 5 minutes but thankfully I have Arelys who works at mom's house and has been a godsend. I now have Luca mornings at a daycare and afternoons at my mom's. I'm able to pick him up for lunch and spend a few minutes with him before heading back to work.