Saturday, April 11, 2009

Helping the economy

Just ask my mom and she'll confirm that we here at Radar Love are doing our small part to help the economy. Every day a UPS truck pulls up to my mom's house with a new internet purchase that I made for Radar. Of course, the problem is that by shipping things to my mom, I have to suffer through a delay before they get here. I've been so compulsive that I don't even know what I've bought!

Well, today my patience couldn't hold any longer and when I was at Kelly's (the biggest department store here in Nassau), I whipped out the credit card and bought a new little something for Radar... something I could take home immediately and put to use without delay! Maybe there's already one of these sitting in my mom's back room, waiting to make its trip over, but how can I regret my impulsive buy when this is how the new purchase was received by my little prince!?

In other news, Radar is getting so big that he's starting outgrow his infant carseat (which also snaps into the stroller for strolls). So now we stroll sans extra seat. He seems to like his less constrained big boy status!

Let me take this opportunity to wish you all a very happy Easter tomorrow. We're not doing any of the egg hunt stuff since Radar is still a tad too mini to understand or enjoy such festivities (and it's hotter than an angry armpit outside)... stay tuned for next year's Easter for that stuff.

Easter kisses from Titi, Radar, Fantango and Mulligan!!!

ps – Thank you all for your cards, e-mails and birthday messages! We did a whole lot of not much yesterday, but it was a wonderful day for me. The only little thing I did for myself was to open one of those magic bottles that make you a little younger. See...

5 comments:

The Science Pundit said...

Uh-oh. Now he's going to be chasing the beastie's around.

Anonymous said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK, LE PEU, LE SKUNK! MON CHERI, FIFI, I'VE FOUND YOU, MOUI, MOUI, MY SHE IS VERY SHY, NO? MY LIITLE LOVE BUNDLE, NOW SHE IS SEEKING FOR US A TRYSTING PLACE...

ABUELITO,,,ANGELA,,,MIME said...

LOOK GREAT IN THIS WALKER.. (CAMINADOR)... HAPPY FIRST EASTER ..RAFITA.
LOVE U

Channel Swimmer said...

I find this hard to believe. I have known you to be nothing but thrifty, making only the most prudent of purchases.

Cousin Laurie said...

Happy Birthday & Happy Easter. And trust me, that bottle is my friend too!