Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Excuse me

Before anything else, I just wanted to remind everyone that it's not too late to enter the "worst mother" contest (or worst father, brother, uncle, etc) from this post. I believe I have a top three "worsts" that we'll run a poll on later this week to determine the worst of the worst, but maybe a last minute entry can still shock us all!!! Oh, and to clear up a confusion... we do not buy into the old adage that 'the ends justify the means' here at Radar Love. And what I mean by that is that it is not good enough to take the end product of parenting (the resulting adult) as proof that someone was a bad parent!! I will not elaborate.

Benjamin Franklin said, "He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else." Christena Pazos said, "What the hell did that Franklin guy know anyway?!"

And with that, I give you my excuse for not posting yesterday...



That's right, I actually went to the gym at 6 this morning! Knowing that this was my objective, I made sure to hit the sack as early as possible last night and that meant cutting out my blog hour. And let me tell you, I hate the gym and I love blogging, so this was no small sacrifice. But that special project I posted a few months ago (the one where I bought a scale to make sure I was heading in the right direction)... well, that project hasn't really gotten very far off the ground. And while I've got lots of excuses for not losing my pregnancy weight and for not starting to swim or do any other exercise, it does seem that those excuses don't help my old clothes fit again.

And how was the workout, you ask? Well, please don't ask! To give you a very ugly idea of how it went... Bally's is on the second floor. When I got to the top of the stairs, I actually had to stop and pretend to read something on the bulletin board so that I could catch my breath before asking for a locker key... I was too embarrassed to ask when I was still out of breath from walking ONE flight of stairs! I try not to think of myself as pathetic, but no other word comes to mind. So I am determined to exercise at least 3 times a week and I won't accept any excuses from me (unless they're really good ones!)

As for the star of this blog...


... well he's been reaching some pretty big milestones, but whenever I grab the camera he stops whatever marvelous thing he was doing that I so wanted to catch on camera. Hopefully in the next day or two I'll be able to catch him when he's not paying attention to me.

I guess that's it for tonight. Oh, except to say that Viva posted a picture on facebook of the home she and Rafa are buying somewhere in the DC vicinity...


Looks very much like a crash pad to me... what do you say Pazoses... looks like this one sleeps at least 20, don't you think???

Lots of love,
Titi and Radar

3 comments:

Dardo said...

Looks like it sleeps 20 comfortably. It could probably handle 50 if we got really cozy with one another.

Lali said...

Ick to Ballys. :) But good. Love you! Love Radar! I like your socks.

Marco said...

I think having 50 of us decend upon Rafa & Vivi is actually an attainable goal the Pazos should be aiming towards. Granted, Rafa's pre Iraq schedule is pretty tight, but I am thinking its a great location for the 2010 Twin Century / Mojito Series. I formally nominate them.

Your welcome Vivi! Love you!