Sunday, May 17, 2009

What hasn't changed

If you were to ask Fantango what's changed since the arrival of the Alien, she'd tell you "everything!" (Of course you'd need to understand pug-speak, which I do). And it is true that some things have changed... The biggest change is that Fanny is no longer #1 and I know that she feels that change big time! And whereas before there were really no serious rules, now there are some (no stepping on the baby, no scratching the baby for food, no licking the baby's mouth, etc.) Although from the outside, most people would think that Fanny's life really ain't so deprived as she would let you believe (she still sleeps in the bed, is all over the furniture, etc.)


But I wanted to talk about the pug changes that I have had to endure! See, for many years now I've been a pug lover and pug owner. This has served me very well for birthdays and Christmas. You know how once you identify an interest or liking of a person, it makes gift giving so much easier... Like Tia Lali with "Hello Kitty" things or anything pink (or both for a grand slam). When you need to get Lali a present, it's a no brainer... just go to Target and get pink socks or a Hello Kitty whistle. Well, that's how it's been for me and pugs. At every Christmas and birthday, I could always count on pug things and I loved it... In a span of 3 minutes, just now, I was able to round up past gifts including a pug shirt, paper weight, soap, calendar and mini-puzzle.


When I got pregnant with Radar, one of my concerns was that there would be no more pug stuff. Tio Javier alleviated that worry a bit with the gift of Radar's embroidered pug diaper bag which you've seen featured on the blog before. But after that, pug things dried up! I had to go online and order my own pug things.

http://www.zazzle.com/hugs_and_pugs_tshirt-235144564871891297

http://clothing.cafepress.com/item/my-big-sister-is-a-fawn-pug-bib/36562433

I was in a state of near pug depression when I finally got the gifts that the Channel Swimmer sent for Radar!


So all is now well in casa Pazos. Some things haven't changed afterall. I am more than happy to forego all of my pug presents knowing that Radar is taking over and that our house will still continue to see a steady stream of ridiculous and unneccesary pug things. Thank you Channel Swimmer!

As for yesterday's teaser, that had to do with Animal Fun Day which was sponsored by the Bahamas Humane Society at the botanical gardens here in Nassau. As part of the event, there were about a dozen dog show contests that anybody could enter. By the time we got there, there were only 2 contests left; "fastest retriever" and "most obedient". The dogs in the retriever class looked like... well, retrievers. So we opted for the most obedient category. This is how Fanny did with the "lie down" command.


Needless to say, Fanny came in last place... but since there was a tie for second place, she actually got an Honorable Mention ribbon (there were only 5 dogs competing) and as you all know, Fanny equates any ribbon to first place. We are very proud of Fanny!


So that's today's long awaited pug post. But lest you all think that the cat has been totally ignored in our house... fear not! We also accept and appreciate cat gifts.


Lots of love,
Titi and Radar

PS - Although it's not about the pug, I had to post this because it was well earned. For those who know my dad, you'll know that it is not easy to drag him to church. I offered to let him stay home with or without Radar this morning but he loves Radar so much that he joined us at mass and actually enjoyed it.


We then grabbed a quick lunch by the sea and sent Abuelito back home. It was great to see you Abuelito and we'll see you again in just a couple of months (which is a whole other topic since we'll be hitting the road again soon for Radar World Tour, Act II)

6 comments:

Dardo said...

"When I got pregnant with Radar, one of my concerns was that there would be no more pug stuff. Tio Javier alleviated that worry a bit with the gift of Radar's embroidered pug diaper bag which you've seen featured on the blog before. But after that, pug things dried up! I had to go online and order my own pug things.

http://www.zazzle.com/hugs_and_pugs_tshirt-235144564871891297
http://clothing.cafepress.com/item/my-big-sister-is-a-fawn-pug-bib/36562433

I was in a state of near pug depression when I finally got the gifts that the Channel Swimmer sent for Radar!"

WHAT?! I got you that pug puppy calendar for this Christmas! I brought you that calendar along with the Cuban-Americans for Obama button and the Mama voted for Obama book! And now, that gift has been whitewashed in your liberal revisionist history! The period between Javier's pug bag and Channel Swimmer's pug book is now a pug gift drought in which I gave you no pug gifts!? This is a traveshamockery!

Radar's Mom said...

Gee Dardo... your pug calendar made it to the picture. You're a sensitive as the pug. If you're that mad, do what Fanny does when she's pissed at me... poop on the carpet!

The Science Pundit said...

@Radar's Mom

Don't give Dardo any ideas!

Channel Swimmer said...

Finally, the pug post! I'm glad that Fanny has not been forgotten.

Lizzie said...

Nice one Fanny!! We have got a wee dog who is just as obedient, however she doesn't do poops on the carpet!

Angela said...

Titi,,
I like the picture of, Abuelito y Rafael, out side the church,,, and close to the estatue of, Sant JOse and Baby jesus... Beautifull.