Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The harder job

So, why is it that on a week when I'm on vacation from my paid work I've skipped two days of blogging? I mean, before I went back to work after maternity leave, I thought it would be really hard to keep blogging every day... and yet I rarely miss a day. Then this week I don't have to go to the office. What is up with that?!?

The truth... this job is harder than my day job. When I go to the office, I get to sit in an office for 8 hours and focus on e-mails, reports and phone calls while sitting comfortably in an air conditioned office. The women I work with are professionals and even when they're not having a great day, they don't scream and demand my full attention. They don't need constant stimulation and entertainment. They don't cry if I don't carry them around. If something is wrong, they simply tell me and I don't have to keep guessing and trying new things until I guess right. They don't wake me up in the middle of the night and then again at 5:30am. I'd say there's no comparison... full-time mommy is a harder job than working mom... at least for me. I'm not complaining. I'm loving this week with Radar and if I could have every week with him (come on Lotto!!!) full time, I would do it. But I'm much more tired at the end of these days than I am at the end of my office work days.

So that's why I've missed a couple of days already this week and NOT because nothing has happened. I'll sum up the last two days in one run-on unpunctuated sentence, let you make sense of it and promise some pictures for tomorrow.

Yesterday June 2nd we shopped shopped shopped some more and I went to the sadist oh sorry did I say sadist when I meant to say dentist who drilled holes in my head and I can't remember what else we did because yesterday seems like a million years ago since today's shopping dwarfed anything that happened yesterday since we started off at Target again before I went to the local Toyota dealership and bought a brand new 2009 Prius.

Did I succeed in sort of hiding that last little bit with the annoying run-on sentence? Anyway, we're off to bed. Tomorrow is a big day. We're having lunch with Tio Dardo and Tio Miguel.... I offered to drive!

Lots of love,
Titi and Radar

PS - Lori, this week we're just visiting my mom's in Florida, but in mid-July we'll be making a second Radar World Tour which will include Maine and a second visit to see you and Sandi! Oh, and Sandi, I will include in tomorrow's post about your consolation prize for being a pretty terrible mother, albeit not the worst of the worst.

8 comments:

Jenna said...

if you ever visit your friend in Seattle, let me know!:)
Im glad you are enjoying your time off! Sounds super busy!

The Science Pundit said...

What color is the Prius?

Lali said...

Why did you buy a Prius? Don't you have a car in Florida and one in the Bahamas? I don't understand.

Lali said...

Let me correct the tone of my last comment. I am super super super excited and jealous that you bought a Prius! They are so cool! Now you can match Marco-Franco Prius! That is great! Congrats. Oh, and why did you buy a car?

Radar's Mom said...

@ SP

The Prius is a light metallic green... very Hybrid looking.

@ Lali

Both my car and my mom's car here in FL are year 2000. Mom's AC doesn't work and would cost 1200 to fix so she doesn't use the car. My CRV is being used by the neighbor. So I decided that it would be good to have one reliable, safe, fuel efficient car and to get rid of the other too... so mostly my mom will use it, but when I come back for visits I'll use it. Plus, I want to be more like Marco (ergo having the cute baby boy, buying the car and now I just have to go find a young man to be my man slave!)

Anonymous said...

Not necessary to compensate me...the wrath of my four children is enough of a reward....

Notice I did NOT mention my third place finish, behind two of your relatives?
Sandi in Searsport

Anonymous said...

Gee, I'm going to have to buy a Prius since I have the cute baby boy and the man slave already! :-)
Sara

Antonio said...

Oh the jokes that will come from priuses and manslaves... I can't wait.
Frank, are you going to let them talk about you like that?