Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Six

Today is June 16th... that's right... 6/16. And this morning at 6:00am Buenos Aires time (ie, 5am our time, but that doesn't fit into my theme of "6"), Mr. Rafael Darwin Pazos woke up to his 6th month birthday.


I'm a pretty slow learner, but over these past 6 months, I've learned at least 6 things about Radar.

1. Radar is a morning person (he always wakes up early, happy and full of energy),
2. My son has a favorite song - he stops any activity to listen and smile ("Ursinho PimpĆ£o"),
3. Radar likes the pug (and I think the pug finally likes the alien),


4. Like his mommy, when he concentrates, he looks very serious and even frowns,
5. The easiest cure for boredom is a ride in the stroller (he loves being outside!),
6. Radar is the most hyper of all the other babies his age that we've met (which scares the shit out of me when I think about what he's going to be like once he's mobile very, very soon!)

And I've certainly had enough time to identify at least 6 things that I absolutely love about Radar.

1. When I walk into the room and call his name, he always smiles!
2. He talks when he's dreaming... sweet coos and angry grunts... so, so cute.
3. He never stops moving - when breastfeeding, he flails his arms around and punches my boob!
4. The rolls on his thighs and between arm and hand.
5. He enjoys "reading time" with mommy - granted, right now he's not really getting the story, but he has ripped and eaten enough pages that I know he's entertained (it seems Radar's books might not be good hand me downs),
6. In spite of the influences around him (lazy mommy and calm nanny), he is definitely developing his own personlity and it's a strong one!

Happy Six Months my love!!!


Lots of love,
Titi and Radar

PS - On the very sad "deep six" news front (sorry for the tactlessness - I couldn't figure another way to include "6")... Marco's beloved cat Calvin made her trip to kitty heaven yesterday. Her funeral will be held at the Dan Pet Cemetery in Potomac, MD where she will be buried alongside some very good company (including my own beloved Mango).

Rest in Peace sweet Calvin

2 comments:

The Science Pundit said...

RIP Calvin :-(

Radar just keeps getting cuter. :-)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 6 MONTHS OLD. TO OUR BABY.

LOOK GOOD. CUTE. PRETY. LOVE U
RAFITA,,,
ABUELITO ANGELA,NANA TIO MIGUELITO.

SORRY YOU LOST THE CAT, MARCO.
HUGS AND PUGS.