Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Surprises

First, let me thank everyone for their "name that photo" suggestions!  I particularly liked the Channel Swimmer's and Lizzie's suggestions:


"There's a warm spot near Fanny." - Channel Swimmer
"Who told Fanny I have her bone?"  - Lizzie

But in the end, I thought that Radar's expression was best summed up by our winner, Lori:

"Give me a break mom!  Do I have to share everything with Fanny?"


Lori, please e-mail me your mailing address so that I can send you your "Hugs and Pugs" mug, starring our very own Fantango!!!
I may be testing out this picture in a new header over the next couple of days.  The beach picture is really irreplaceable, but I like to change things up every now and then.  Have a good look at the header now and then let me know your thoughts once I've replaced it with the new one.  I always appreciate your feedback and comments (and even insults Antonio!)

Finally, I just wanted to include a quick note about surprises.  In particular, the surprises of new parenthood.  When becoming a new parent, there are things that you anticipate.  I anticipated loving my kid more than I ever imagined - true.  I imagined worrying about my kid more than I could have guessed - true.  I even expected my life to completely change - true.  But there are still some things that I didn't anticipate - some of the smaller things.

This thought occurred to me today at about 11am when I was walking to the bathroom at work.  I had a big smile on my face and I was giddy with happiness... I mean the kind of happiness that's almost tangible... the kind you feel in your gut and sweeps over you like a warm wave!  And why was I so overcome with happiness?  It was because I'd just gotten off the phone with Maria (Radar's nanny) and she reported that Radar had had a big poop and was now giggling and screaming!  Yes, I was profoundly happy to hear that my son had pooped!  

See, I'd heard new mothers discuss their baby's poop before.  I found it mildly amusing, but I don't think I really ever imagined that I'd find the topic so engrossing and emotionally riveting.  But there's no doubt about it... I'm one of "them" now... I want to talk about poop, I want to share poop stories and I am overcome with joy when a couple of challenging poop days resolve themselves with an overflowing diaper!  

And that's a surprise I wasn't expecting.

Lots of love (and poop),
Titi and Radar 

PS - I'll post the photoshop entries tomorrow, so there's still time to get yours in...

3 comments:

The Science Pundit said...

The beach picture is nice, but I do think that I'll like the Fanny/bath picture up there.

Anonymous said...

I love hearing about enormous poops someone else has to clean...

Marcela said...

I like the fat chicks on the scrapbook backdrop, although I don't see how it goes with the bath theme...