Some years back I read a book about "the 24 hour mind." The premise was that since it's your brain that creates all the strange stuff that you dream about, why not get to know your dreaming brain a little better. One of the suggestions they give for remembering your dreams is to drink lots of water before going to bed so that you're more likely to wake up during the night and remember your dreams. And now I offer up an even better plan... sleep with a cranky, teething baby!
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Last night I was fortunate enough to be woken up at least 4 times and each time I was yanked from a bizarre dream. I won't go into too much detail, but will just give enough so that maybe someone can help me analyze what the hell was happening inside my brain last night:
1. I was going on a date with my cousin Rafa... that seemed really strange since he's my cousin and happily married to Vivi, but it is what it is... I was annoyed because Rafa did not seem to want to be on this date with me. Then he let me in on the reason for the date. We were under cover to find the secret code!!!
2. While at the mall, I heard Radar crying in the bed and was again annoyed because my babysitter, John Cusack, had left Radar in the bed unsupervised.
3. Rafa responded by making me do push-ups even though my shoulder was injured.
4. It turned out that John Cusack actually had the secret code (and I knew this because Lali told me when she pulled me behind the truck to whisper it to me).
5. Just as I was cracking the code, Radar started crying again...
...but this time he was really crying and had woken me up from this anxiety inducing dream that I don't understand. I won't go into the other dreams as I only remember snippets of the others, but suffice to say they were all equally strange.
Any analysts want to give this one a try?
Now, for some fun... Guess who's back, and guess who is doing guess what?
Two weeks ago while on vacation, Radar did his first combat crawl (dragging himself forward on his belly). In two weeks, this is how far he's come. I am in BIG trouble now!!!
Lots of love,
Titi and Radar
Posted by Radar's Mom at 10:08 AM