Thursday, July 30, 2009

Analysts sought

Some years back I read a book about "the 24 hour mind."  The premise was that since it's your brain that creates all the strange stuff that you dream about, why not get to know your dreaming brain a little better.  One of the suggestions they give for remembering your dreams is to drink lots of water before going to bed so that you're more likely to wake up during the night and remember your dreams.  And now I offer up an even better plan... sleep with a cranky, teething baby!  


Last night I was fortunate enough to be woken up at least 4 times and each time I was yanked from a bizarre dream.  I won't go into too much detail, but will just give enough so that maybe someone can help me analyze what the hell was happening inside my brain last night:

1. I was going on a date with my cousin Rafa... that seemed really strange since he's my cousin and happily married to Vivi, but it is what it is... I was annoyed because Rafa did not seem to want to be on this date with me.  Then he let me in on the reason for the date.  We were under cover to find the secret code!!!  

2. While at the mall, I heard Radar crying in the bed and was again annoyed because my babysitter, John Cusack, had left Radar in the bed unsupervised.  

3. Rafa responded by making me do push-ups even though my shoulder was injured.  

4. It turned out that John Cusack actually had the secret code (and I knew this because Lali told me when she pulled me behind the truck to whisper it to me).  

5. Just as I was cracking the code, Radar started crying again... 

...but this time he was really crying and had woken me up from this anxiety inducing dream that I don't understand.  I won't go into the other dreams as I only remember snippets of the others, but suffice to say they were all equally strange.  

Any analysts want to give this one a try?

Now, for some fun... Guess who's back, and guess who is doing guess what?



Two weeks ago while on vacation, Radar did his first combat crawl (dragging himself forward on his belly).  In two weeks, this is how far he's come.  I am in BIG trouble now!!!

Lots of love, 
Titi and Radar

14 comments:

Antonio said...

Well, Rafa is probably in your subconscious because you'be been thinking about him and his deployment. Most of your dreams deal with Radar because... duh! he's Radar and he's awesome. Hmmm, I have no idea about John Cusack, though. Maybe you've always had a crush on him? Does he run a daycare company? Or is he the one controlling your dreams from far away?

Little M and Baby G said...

Wow! Look at that baby go! Radar = Cutie Patootie!

TaraMac said...

Dream = you are crazy

All right Radar!!! Woo-hooo!!!!!

Marco said...

OK, so Frank thinks that since Rafa is the perfect cousin, you were trying to crack the code of perfection, and since you're down on you non perfectness, Rafa had you do push ups and your shoulder was hurting from sleeping on the floor yesterday and last week. I'm not sure what John Cusack has to do with anything, but Lali is always helpful for whatever.

Marco said...

Speaking of Rafa... last week at Aunt Bonnie's house Rafa's son Pepe was my dominos partner. He was really quite good, except as soon as he figured out that he was going to win, he would start gloating like crazy so we might have gotten a higher score if people didn't know. I just thougth it was adorable... the Pazos bad winner gene is strong in this one.

We love you Antonio; Thanks for checking in. Rafa you could learn a thing or two from your little brother.

Stefan said...

O.k. I read John Cusack's playing in the movie 2012 where a global cataclysm occurs which leads to the end of the world and has survivors struggling for their lives. Not even going into the Mayan hypothesis that predicts a doomsday event will occur sometime around in 2012 ... Guess that scared the sh.... out of you for your Radar boy...

Tia Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Censorship???? Did you delete the Pundit's comment?

Dardo said...

In that dream, the thing I find most bizarre is the idea of Lali knowing who John Cusack is. She's probably the least knowledge able person on celebrity's names I know.

Anonymous said...

Don't know what to say. Will be heading to Iraq very soon. Rafa

Tia Sara said...

I deleted my post because it had a typo. I thought I had reposted. Anyway, my profound comment was that Titi was in trouble with Radar crawling like that. And I didn't think John Cusak was going to help her!

Antonio said...

Marco:
There is one thing Rafa can learn from me, and that is how to go bald in STYLE! Too bad he ain't balding anytime soon... damn that perfect hairline.

I leave Iraq tomorrow enroute to Kuwait. I'll be posting on my blog more often when I get to Venezuela! Be sure to check it! Love you all!

Radar's Mom said...

We love you too Antonio!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, no idea why you had such a crazy dream....I have weird ones all the time, another likeness we have....

RADAR! I was in tears watching you crawl! Way to go buddy!