Wednesday, July 8, 2009

doing the mommy blog thing

When I became a mom and decided to start this blog, I did it because I wanted to keep family and friends up to date on Radar's arrival and even more so, I wanted to use this as his baby book since I know myself and know that putting together a real paper and glue type of baby book might never happen. Then I kind of got hooked on blogging and since none of my immediate friends or family had done a mommy blog, I thought I was oh so original! I suppose it speaks a bit to my advanced age that I am so out of touch with the world that I really didn't know that there really are millions of mommy blogs out there and mine is just a very small drop in the ocean of mommy blogs. They range from some mega popular ones that get hundreds of thousands of hits a day and have sponsors that pay money to advertise, to private journals that nobody else sees.

So I'm more up to speed now and although I'm not original, I'm content in my conformity. In fact, I'm starting to get hooked on some other mommy blogs and the gimmickry that goes with them. By way of example, there's this blog. Every week this mommy hosts a "Wordful Wednesday." (There's also a "wordless wednesday", but you should all know me well enough to know how hard it is for me to shut up... so I opt for wordful, even if it isn't technically a word).



The idea is to showcase a photo and to just let the words flow... stream of consciousness type of thing I guess. So here goes...


curious

studious

discerning

grabbing

dexterous

smart

sweet

cute

no, beautiful

learning

growing

teething

putting everything in his mouth!



And in case you're curious about what Radar is studying and grabbing for...

That would be mommy's necklace!

Lots of love,
Titi and Radar

5 comments:

Sweet Annabelle said...

Wonderful, kissable cheeks!

Muthering Heights and Other Senseless Sensibility said...

Your photos are so adorable!

The Science Pundit said...

Fascinated

Fixated

Planning

Jenna said...

I love all the mommy blogs I read. I have taken a bit of advice from all of them. Adorable photos as usual!

Anonymous said...

An Old Fashioned word, perhaps..

AWE!

Sandi In Searsport