Monday, August 31, 2009

I'm not that mom after all

I never wanted to be a mom who worried too much about dirt and germs and stuff like that. But when it's your own baby, you really can't help but worry some. I did scoop up the pacifier when it would fall on the floor and rinse it off quickly. I did lay down a clean blanket when putting Radar down for tummy time. I gave him a bath every day and washed him up after meals.

However, this weekend as he crawled all over the downstairs, dragging his hands, knees, toes and pacifier along the not so clean floor and after he screamed bloody murder when I tried to wipe his face after he ate his black beans and rice... well, I guess I finally realized that I'm NOT a mom who worries too much about dirt and germs and stuff like that after all!



Lots of love,
Titi and Radar

8 comments:

Marco said...

Doesn't the dog lick off the rice and black beans too? I hope you're teaching Fanny about her Cuban heritage and culture.

The Science Pundit said...

@Marco

That's why it's important to throw a little pork stock into the beans. ;-)

Radar's Mom said...

@ Marco

Fanny had eaten her own turds the night before so I instituted a 24 hour baby licking ban. I know, I know... I guess I am that mother after all!!!!

Jenna said...

I LOVE IT!!! Why wory right?:)

Viviana said...

That the healthies babys came from. He look adorable even dirty so don't worry about the cleaning part. The only thing is you have to be carefull give the chance to Radar take the rice and the beans before fanny clean up. I love it!!

Tia Sara said...

I like the closeup of the foot. He has very expressive toes!

ABUELITO...ANGELA..MIME said...

COMO TODO UN LATINO..QUE LE GUSTE LA COMIDA LATINA...MUY PRONTO VISITARA.VENEZUELA..CUBA Y COLOMBIA..A COMER BUENO. Y A BAILAR TAMBIEN....
VIVA RAFITA...SUCIO Y TODO

LOVE.

The Floyd Family said...

I love it! Its hard to worry about that stuff once they are mobile:)