Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Atlanta Adventures

Did any of you catch the news about all the storms and flooding in Atlanta yesterday? Maybe you heard on some travel report that Atlanta's airport was closed for hours and that hundreds of flights were delayed and canceled? Turns out that we didn't just hear the news... we got to LIVE the news! Woo hoo!! Our simple 1 and half hour flight from Philly to Atlanta for our connection, turned into a 6 and half hour flight with lots of circle flying and a detour to Columbia, SC. When we finally did land in Atlanta at 6pm, I'll confess that I was actually glad that there were no other flights to Nassau because the thought of getting back on the airplane with Radar seemed pretty horrible at the time.

So instead, we went outside to where the hotel courtesy buses are and got on the first one (for Best Western). I asked the driver if he knew if there were vacancies and he said there were. I hadn't brought a change of clothes for me, so I did the old "wash the underwear in the sink and hang it in front of the vent" trick. We ordered some pasta for delivery (no restaurant in the hotel) and I slept horribly worrying that somehow Radar would roll off the bed.

Now, I've traveled plenty and I'm no stranger to all the inconveniences and other things that can go wrong on a trip... but this is the first real travel kurfuffle (how is that spelled?) with a 9 month old in tow... much, MUCH more trying on my nerves.

But for Radar it was just a new adventure... a new place to play...

a new long hallway for crawling...

a new bed (with couch pushed up to it for safety) to sleep in...

It turns out that the Baby Center warning about how 9 month olds don't travel well was written for all the other 9 month olds... Radar did great on this whole weekend with all the travel, people and places!!! But even so, we're both happy to be home!

Lots of love,
Titi and Radar

PS - Here are some of the random pictures I promised in my last post...


PSS - Prima Sara... I didn't get your e-mail about Thanksgiving. Can you resend or post on facebook? I will be in the Bahamas for the Thanksgiving long weekend because I have a friend visiting (Andrea from the 8th random picture above), but if your trip is longer than just the weekend, maybe, maybe, maybe.... besos!

2 comments:

Viviana said...

I love the picture than Radar is scraching the hello kitty bow. That is my favorite he is so adorable and by the way he is not like other 9 month old so please stop compare him with the others.

The Science Pundit said...

Looks like he likes hallways.