Friday, September 11, 2009

frogs, tops and assorted shorts

For the past few days I've been trying to think of my next post... usually it comes to me, but I've been really swamped this week and I guess I'm not listening to the little blog fairies that are buzzing about my head, whispering ideas. Instead, I've collected little disjointed bits of blogs...

Like the frog idea... ever since Sammy the snake passed away (may he rest in peace), I've thought of featuring some of the other pets that make their way into and around our home. For the past few nights, Frankie the frog has been squatting right outside our front door and I thought I could do something with that... but I couldn't come up with a thing. Say hi to Frankie.

And for the past couple of weeks I've been desperately trying to get some shots of Radar's two top teeth... his tops... but his lip usually covers them or he's too serious to smile or the light reflects so brightly off those mega bottom teeth of his that the tops barely have a chance at making the shot. I did finally get a decent picture. But now that you've seen them, what else is there to tell? (except that breastfeeding has gotten even more painful at times!)


Finally I decided that it was time to hang Radar's measuring board... you know how you measure your kids as they grow by making little marks on the wall and labeling them? Well, we probably won't live in this house for too many years and if I mark up this wall, we'll lose it when we go. But thanks to our good friend Barry, we have a portable measuring board. (Thank you again Barry... great gift!!!)


It doesn't start until 24 inches, so it didn't make sense to hang it until now. What I'm seriously hoping is that the first measurement I took yesterday was pretty inaccurate due to a squirming baby who had no interest in standing still. Because if I did measure correctly, that would put Radar in the 3rd percentile of height for his age... I know he's a bit short, but that just can't be right!! I weighed him also and that plotted right at 50%!

So you see, even though I had these tidbits, they didn't really weave very well into a coherent post. But who, who really knows me, expects coherence from me? So I'm posting this zig zaggedy mesh of information for your pleasure and hoping that the blog fairy bites me tonight so that I'm back on track by this weekend.

Lots of love,
Radar and Titi

ps - And just because... when I got home from work today, Radar was nowhere to be found. I strapped on the camera and headed out to the park where I found him with this two little twin buddies, Chase and Tristan! And of course I took pictures which don't flow with anything else in this post, so I'll post one... why not!

2 comments:

Angela. Nana said...

RAFITA...
LUCES PRECIOSO,CRECES RAPIDO,Y TE SONRIES TODO EL TIEMPO,ERES MUY FOTOGENICO.
ME GUSTAN LAS RANITAS A MI TAMBIEN..
,YA CASI CUMPLES TUS 9 MESES...HURRAY..
UN SALUDO A TU MAMI

The Science Pundit said...

More statistics posts!!!!!

... or not.

Those are some serious fangs.