Monday, September 7, 2009

A mystery and what I'll never learn

More and more, Radar is feeding himself... it's not an easy thing to pick up something as small as a baby cracker or pea with your thumb and index finger, then neatly place it in your mouth... but he's getting better every day.  However, when he's finished, it's clear that not everything made its way to Radar's tummy.

The mystery is that despite Radar dropping plenty of food during his meal, somehow he manages not to drop a single morsel on the floor!!!!

Amazing! And I can't for the life of me figure it out!!!


As for things I'll never learn... Since Radar had to go to a birthday party this weekend, we found ourselves in the toy section of the department store on Saturday morning.  I tried to resist, but I couldn't, so I paid way, way, way too much money to get a stupid plastic toy for Radar as well.

And it wasn't a total disaster... he liked it...

...for about a minute...

... before getting bored and heading off...

...to play with one of his preferred toys!!!




Will I ever learn that spending lots of money on kid's toys is pointless since they will inevitably prefer the free stuff!  Geez Radar's mom... get a clue!

Lots of love,
Titi and Radar

PS - In response to a couple of questions in the comments of previous posts...

Dardo... Radar's progress  toward walking is slow going these days since he's really mastered the crawl and prefers that to the frustrations of figuring out how to walk... on the other hand, he's gained so much more control while standing that he might just surprise us and go for a stroll one morning soon????  I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Marco... I would love to go down to Vivi's on the 20th, but being that we're flying in Friday night and flying out Monday morning, I think the round-trip to VA from PA might be more than we can handle.  Unlike some babies that love the car, it seems that Radar doesn't like being couped up for too long and the connecting flights on Friday and Monday might be enough traveling for one weekend... super sorry!!!

Stefan... Re: Fanny's nose... as the Channel Swimmer guessed, I do believe that the wounds are self inflicted.  Some people self mutilate when they're depressed... perhaps it's just that Fanny is missing her Uncle Stefan.  Oh, and I'm not contagious anymore so feel free to pop over any time!

9 comments:

Abuela said...

Abuela is also a compulsive buyer-so many tempting things for little Radar. However, Abuela has laid out a tad less than Radar's Mom. Yes, you'll find Abuela on any Saturday morning, combatively bartering at garage sales.

The Science Pundit said...

Got it! Water bottles. Radar is going to love his uncle Javier. ;-)

Radar's Mom said...

Javier... that is water bottles, NOT beer bottles! So, why again is Radar going to love you?

Viviana said...

I'm sorry you can't make for the 20th but I have to ask is any way than you can change the fly in inted from PH can go from here?? That would be awesome if you can.
Love
Vivi

Marco said...

Hey, convert that new toy to walker mode and you might find him more interested. FYI Viviana moved her party to Sunday the 27th

Radar's Mom said...

Marco... he's not there yet. I converted it to walker mode and he just pulls it over and cries! Soon though. And I got Vivi's e-mail about the move to the 27th... so hey, why don't we move the party to Philly for the 20th????

Uncle Stefan said...

O.k. LET ME COMMENT ON THE FANTANGO POST INFO I really hope Fantango is not reading all these post all about (only) Radar, otherwise she would .....I would understand...:...FANNY I RESCUE YOU!!!! ....Meaning as soon as I have a but more time and fic the electric of the boat we go out ...latest on Nov 15 when the Internaltional Swim Suit competition is happening at the Wyndham....You will have another chance as a chick magnet when we pull up the beach in our boat....

Radar's Mom said...

unkl stefan... hury. fanni depress. fanni want go to bar with unkl stefan. fanni sik of alien!

The Floyd Family said...

I am a sucker for the toy section as well. Maby its the kid in me but all the fun colors, lights, textures etc... make it exciting. My friends have always told me the best toys they have are in their kitchen. ie..measuring cups, wooden spoons etc.