Thursday, September 17, 2009

Swinger

There's a website called Baby Center that I've been checking in on since I first found out I was pregnant. They provide weekly updates of what's going on during each week of your pregnancy and beyond. When you're pregnant and you can't see what's going on (other than seeing your tummy and rear growing), it's cool to read about all the little milestones that your baby inside is likely reaching - he's got distinct fingers now... this week he can taste... now he's 5 inches long, etc, etc. Once he's born, each week you can read about the milestones or challenges that your baby is likely tackling this week.

And since Radar just turned the big old 9 months yesterday, I thought I'd check in to see what amazing things I could expect from him this week and month.


Having trouble reading what that says? Well, the first two paragraphs read...

"Because of separation anxiety, this can be a tough time to be away from your baby for any length of time. But it may also be hard to travel with your baby right now. He's become used to his surroundings and familiar faces, and he likes predictability. So being on the road can disrupt his sense of security and routine, especially when visiting a new place or meeting lots of strangers.

At this age he doesn't grasp the concept of travel, but he'll realize he's in an unfamiliar place. Be ready for some cranky, clingy behavior and prepare plenty of distractions — picture books, noise-making toys, nesting blocks, hand puppets, and definitely his lovey, if he has one. Schedule plenty of downtime away from all the strangers to let him decompress."

Great! You can guess what we're doing tomorrow... that's right, we're getting on an airplane and flying to Philly (with a connection in Atlanta) to go see lots and lots of people that Radar probably won't recognize. Should be an easy trip!! I guess I better try to get some sleep now since it seems we might be in for a long few days.

That, however, in no way dampens my excitement over our trip since we'll be seeing lots of family, friends and even Radar's godfather!

More from on the road...

Lots of love,
Titi and Radar

PS - Oh, the title. I suppose that most of you have noticed the feedjit gadget I have over on the sidebar that tells you where in the world people are visiting from... well, it also can tell you how people get to the site. Some people come directly to the site, some come from a link in an e-mail and others find Radar's site through a google search. If you click on the link to give you details, you can even see what the google search was that landed them on Radar's site and if they found the site itself or a specific posting. Well, since I did my "a serious facebook problem" posting a couple of months ago, that has by far been the most commonly googled posting that people have come to the site through.

Anyway, the title of this post was chosen because it turns out that my baby boy is quite the swinger...


... and because I wanted to see how 'swinger' searches stacked up against the 'facebook' searches... on the other hand, maybe I don't want the type of people who would google 'swinger' on my site! Oh well.

3 comments:

Mrs. Mother said...

I love the "swinging" pictures. He's adorable. I love Baby Center. They have an excellent discussion board, and one of their boards is for women who have had a second or trimester loss. They were my saving grace when we lost Jenna.

I also like getting the updates.

The Science Pundit said...

Funny, as I read this post, my iTunes was playing the Andrews Sisters (Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy). Technically, that's swing music not swingers, but close enough.

Lori said...

So you and Radar are off again. I think you need a vacation and rest. Have a wonderful time! Be safe and enjoy your family.
I will be thinking of you...
Much love,
Lori