Thursday, November 12, 2009

The wrong idea


I'm glad that I didn't have a girl. Don't get me wrong... I would have loved a little girl to bits, but I would not have been able to keep up with all the other girly girls. Just like with Radar, she would have never had her hair combed (and certainly no cutesy bows and ribbons) and she would have been covered in dirt and food slop most of the time. And I certainly would not have been able to compete with the other girls' cute dresses and pink fu fu (although Lali certainly would have helped on that end). In short - she would have been just like me!

So it's probably better that I have a boy. See, I love frittering away money and I have no problem buying Radar too many things (usually on the internet). I know that I buy him too many clothes, but I'm not sure why because I don't care what he wears. In fact, my favorite Radar outfit is his fine birthday suit... yep, Radar and I agree that naked is best (or at least cutest)! So I've got this closet full of Radar clothes and if it were up to me, he'd probably wear the same three outfits all the time (like his mom.. find the three or four most comfortable outfits and rotate - and yes, that means that I usually wear the same outfit to work in the same week!)

But luckily I have Maria and she just loves to dress Radar in all his little outfits. So I let her pick his clothes and he's almost never wearing the same thing when I get home from work that he was wearing in the morning when I left for work.

She's careful to color coordinate his outfits. From his shirt and pants to his bib and pacifier...


... right down to his little footsies!


You see that this morning he is perfectly "boy in blue."


The only problem is that there are some things that Maria doesn't understand and United States political propaganda is certainly one of those things. So, while Maria just sees the cute little boy all dressed in blue, others might see this from another angle and perhaps get the wrong idea about me.


Oh well! Like I said - I don't really care what he wears and I laugh every time she puts this shirt on him (at least once a week). Go Mitt!!!

Lots of love,
Titi and the little Republican

PS - I hope that this makes Tara happy!!! I don't know that I would have been able to be quite as laid back about the whole thing if she'd given Radar a Palin 2012 shirt!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!! Wooooo-hoooooooooooooo!!! Gooo Mitt!!!!

(Yes, it makes me happy it's not a dust rag!!!) :o)

Your comMITTed friend from the great swing state of Ohio,

Tara

Lali said...

He is so cute! How do you feel about blue bows?
Love, Lali

Treasured Sweets said...

Awwww, he is getting so big and just cuter by the day!

Marco said...

Xavier always wears all of his outfits until he has no clothes left and mommy absolutely HAS to do laundry...