Tuesday, December 15, 2009

bring bring

One week ago tonight we were at my mom's house getting ready to return home the next morning. In the middle of the night Radar was tossing and turning and sitting up... I felt him and he clearly had a significant fever (didn't have the thermometer, so don't know what it was). Worst of all, he put his hand to his ear and I thought - "Oh no! An ear infection right before a flight! This could be horrible!"

But as it turns out, Radar and I just had some sort of cold / bug that didn't particularly effect the ears. Radar slept on the flight home... never made a peep. Whew... but we weren't really out of the woods just yet. He was stuffy and snotty and feverish and miserable for a couple of days and again, he put his hand to his ear. I checked and there didn't seem to be excess wax. I smelled and there was nothing (they say that you can often smell an ear infection). I touched around his ear and he didn't seem to have any sensitivity or tenderness.

As Radar kept getting better, I noticed that he'd touch his ear now and then. I wasn't overly concerned, but I made a mental note to ask the doctor during Radar's upcoming 1 year visit (which was yesterday - I'll report more on that in another post).

It wasn't until a couple of days ago that I was clued into what was going on... I was sitting, playing with Radar on the floor and the phone rang.




See, I have lots of books in Spanish and I've encouraged Maria to read to Radar - but she doesn't do that. She does however talk on the phone for a good part of every day and on the weekdays when I happen to be home, the phone rings at least 10 times during the day. I feel very much like Maria's answering service. So, I guess Radar's just trying to help out! Kids!!!

But we love Maria and she's heading off this Saturday to Peru to spend Christmas with her family. We'll miss her and we'll be happy to see her when she's back on January 3rd!


Lots of love,
Titi and Radar

PS - Um... did I happen to mention that tomorrow is Radar's birthday!!!!?????!!!! AAAAHHHHH!!!!

8 comments:

Lali said...

AHHHH! That is so so so cute... he is so helpful and smart!

Happy Birthday!!! I have an exam tomorrow but in the afternoon/evening, a drunk Tia Lali will skype Titi and Radar... so exciting!

The Science Pundit said...

@Tia Lali

You'll have to ask for Radar since he now knows how to answer the phone.

FAMILY ,IN WV said...

RAFITA,,,
LUCES LINDO CON ESE CORTE DE PELO, MAS JUVENIL.

SERAS EL SECRETARIO DE MAMA AHORA, Y CONTESTAS AL TELEFONO,CUANDO MARIA NO ESTA..

A MARIA, UNAS FELICES PASCUAS Y FELIZ NAVIDAD,,

SON LA S 12,,,

YEA,,,
I'M THE FIRST PERSON , CONGRATULATE , RAFAEL , ON YOUR FIRST BIRTHDAY,

FELIZ CUMPLEANOS A TI,,
TE DESEAMOS TODOS ACA,,,,ABUELITO, ANGELA , NANA, MIGUELITO Y BARACK..
LOVE U...

ABUELITO,,ANGELA,MIME, MOJITO said...

ho no,,,,WE MISS 4 MINUTES,,,,,
AGAIN,,,

HAPPY BIRTDAY, RAFITA,,,,,

QUE CUMPLAS MUCHOS MAS,,,

LOVE U,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

MIME NANA AVO said...

NOT AGAIN,,
I NEED ONE MORE, MINUTE,,,JAJAJAJJAA

RA FA EL RADAR

QUE CUMPLAS HASTA EL ANO 6000

CELEBRALO, GOZALO, DIVIERTETE, ..

Tia Sara said...

Happy Bday Radar!!!!
Besos

Marco, Frank & X said...

Have the happiest birthday ever Radar! We love you!

The Science Pundit said...

Happy Birthday Radar!