Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Just another bit of good luck

In some recent posts I've talked about the idea of "luck" really just being one of perspective.  If you're an optimist, then you can always find luck in even the worst situations.  If you're a pessimist, then luck seems to avoid you in even the best situations.  


As I also mentioned in a recent post, I was set to spend my first night away from Radar this Monday.  I had my flight to Cayman booked and my hotel reserved.  We had meetings scheduled for yesterday morning and then I had my flight leaving Cayman at 1:30pm right after the meetings.  But one week before the trip was set to take place, I got an e-mail from my boss saying that the plan had been turned on its head at the last minute and that we would have to reschedule our trip.  Obviously I wasn't disappointed because it meant that now I wouldn't have to leave Radar for a night until next week (New York).  It was just another bit of good luck for this optimist!

And then I read this...


So, it's hard not to feel lucky for having missed that... on the other hand, when I look at Haiti, I know that had I been in Cayman for their small quake, I still would have felt lucky.  How could any of us not feel lucky when we see the news coming out of there?  

I remember that after 9/11 there was a global sentiment that "we're all Americans now."  That's how I feel about Haiti right now... "we're all Haitians now."  And on that somber note, I'll sign off...

Lots of love,
Titi and Radar

1 comments:

Lali said...

I am so happy that you did not go and that you are ok.

Love and Kisses, Lali