Thursday, February 4, 2010

Belly rubbing

I suppose things might change somewhere down the line, but for now, Radar is a very good eater. He eats everything and he eats lots of it and he eats it fast. I suppose if that's an inheritable trait, then he has me to thank for that! Of course as a baby that's super cute and he needs lots and lots of calories to grow. At some point though, years from now I hope, we'll have to keep a closer eye on that so that Radar doesn't find himself among the more than 30% of American kids that are overweight or obese.

But for now I'm just not worried because Radar eats a huge meal and his belly looks like this...

Which actually is sort of fun because he likes rubbing his belly when it's big! And so do I!! And as you all know, folklore dictates that when you rub the Buddha's belly, you will be showered with good luck and great fortune.

So not only is it fun, it's profitable!!!

Less than an hour after these big belly episodes, they resolve themselves with a diaper explosion or some gas eruptions and Radar is back to his lean little self... My boy!!!

Lots of love,
Titi and Radar

PS - By the way... Happy Birthday to big Rafa! I can't believe you're 31!!! I hope you're having a wonderful, wonderful visit with Vivi and the kids and I wish you safe travels back to Iraq... can't wait to see you in August!

PSS - And February 3rd also marked Antonio's 9 month anniversary in Iraq... that means just three more months and we will have him safely back in our beer drinking, domino playing, loving arms!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Titi

Thanks, this 31st birthday was the most memorable than the past eight 31st birthdays.

Rafa

Tia Sara said...

@ Rafa (Big Rafa) I bet you this big snow fall is going to make it even more memorable! Maybe it will snow so much that you won't be able to leave and we will get to see you after all....Besos