Monday, February 15, 2010

Right place, right time... so what's up?

You've all met my mom, Grammy.

She flew over on Friday morning and spent the weekend with us.

And it was an action packed weekend full of zoos and marathons and farms and long drives and the park.

And she had such a good time with her grandson, Radar, that this morning when we dropped her off at the airport at 6:15am, she had a tear in her eye. She was sad to go and we were sad to see her go.

But that's how it goes.

All visits must come to an end...

and she was booked and confirmed on the return flight...

JetBlue, flight 1790

NAS to FLL

8:00am

Monday the 15th

So wasn't I surprised when she called me from the airport at 6:45am to say that she was at the counter and they didn't show her name on the roster!!!!

I couldn't have purchased it under the wrong name because this was the return flight and she'd had no problem on the flight over on Friday.

I quickly ran to the computer to pull up the reservation so that I could give them the confirmation number.

And there is was!!!

Monday the 15th at 8:00am, JetBlue #1790!!!!

Hah!!!

Take that!!!

Note to self; on non-leap years, February has 28 days which is exactly 4 weeks which means that the February and March calendars, especially when viewed as one of those little pop-up, online booking calendars, look very much the same.

That's right. Mom's return flight is perfectly intact and proper...

For Monday, March 15th!

Ooopss...

So, rather than pay nearly $300 to get on the flight, we bought another for tomorrow and we get Grammy for one more day.

And Grammy gets to spend an extra day with this guy...

Now that's what I call a pretty nifty silver lining to a pretty bone-headed move on my part!!!!

Lots of love,
Titi and Radar

4 comments:

Lali said...

Wow that made me laugh! And I am in the library so people stared at me... I say lucky Grammy and lucky Radar! Now did you get a round trip flight leaving Feb16 and coming back March 12? Because that way you could use your return flight March 15!

A good solution unless that is considered suspicious activity..

Sending all my love!
Lali

Radar's Mom said...

Tia Lali,

I had the same idea, but my mom will be in California, returning to FLL on March 14th which kind of takes all the sense out of that very good idea!

But I'm happy to know that we think alike.

I love you!!!!
Radar loves you!!!!
Grammy loves you!!!!!
Fanny loves you!!!!!
Mulligan loves you!!!!
Love,
Me (and Radar)

Anonymous said...

THINGS HAPPEN >>>
SO YOU AND THE BABY, LOVE .HAVE GRANDMO,, FOR EXTRA DAY,,,
THE MISTAKE IS GOOD, SOMETIMES.

GIVE TO THE LITLE, RAFITA,MIS BESITOS.

Anonymous said...

THINGS HAPPEN >>>
SO YOU AND THE BABY, LOVE .HAVE GRANDMO,, FOR EXTRA DAY,,,
THE MISTAKE IS GOOD, SOMETIMES.

GIVE TO THE LITLE, RAFITA,MIS BESITOS.