Monday, March 8, 2010

1 + 1 = 0

I occupy a very small piece of our universe.

But I need to warn you away from my little piece of the universe.

Because in my little universe things don't make any sense.

Things don't add up here.

The space-time continuum has been broken here.

You can wake up at 5am and go to bed at 10pm. You can be busy for every minute of those 17 hours and accomplish nothing!

You can pack your suitcase the night before you travel and by morning it's unpacked.

You can spend hours washing dirty clothes and towels only to turn around and find dirty clothes and towels.

In this place, over-night diapers don't last over-an-hour.

How can this all happen, you ask?

How can 1 + 1 = 0 in my little piece of this universe?

It happens because I live in the Sick Toddler Universe!


I live in a place where a sick toddler sets the rules and I can assure you that regular toddlers are like scholars of clarity compared with sick toddlers.

My sick toddler demands that I hold him non-stop. But then he squirms to get away and when I start to put him down, he starts screaming and grabbing for me!

This happens again and again and again.

This has been my universe for the past several days. But I'm pretty sure I'm seeing some familiar stars in the sky tonight. I think I see the Milky Way. I think we might be getting back to that other universe where things make more sense.

I sure hope so!!!

Lots of love,
Titi and Radar

PS - The picture above is from our visit with Tio Dardo last night. I left Radar with his uncle for about 45 seconds to get his bottle from the kitchen. As you can see, the 45 seconds did not go well for Radar!


PSS - Tomorrow I'll share a few pictures from Radar's adventure that led to this new adventure... that being his two days at daycare last Thursday and Friday. They say that kids at daycare tend to get sick more often... I gotta say 'they' hit the nail on the head!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Poor little fellow. He looks so sad. I hope he feels better soon!

Carolina said...

OMG, that face!!!! I wouldn't put him down for one second... :(
I hope he starts to feel better soon... and I can't wait to see you both in a few weeks :D

Little M and Baby G said...

Oh, that is such a sad photo. Clearly 45 seconds away from his mom was too long!

I hope he feels better very soon.

Anonymous said...

WE ARE HAPPY, BECAUSE THE BABY IS FEELING BETTER.WHEN WE CALL THIS MORNING, MARIA SAY ::THE FEWER IS GONE, AND HE IS MUCH HAPPY,
HUGS AND PUGS,
GRANDPA,,ABO,,, AND ANGELA.

Jenna said...

Poor little guy, thats a very sad face. Hang in there

Mrs. Mother said...

What a pitiful face on the little guy. I hope he feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

hi christina i hope that radar feels better soon, he looks so unhappy the poor little fellow xxx anne

Becky said...

Awww man, I hate when our kids are sick and that face is just heartbreaking!

Cousin Laurie said...

Poor baby! When Alec was being taken care of by my mother-in-law she also had my neices who are very close in age. He caught everything they brought home, and consequently so did I. My favorite time though was when he brought the chicken pox home from pre-school and passed it to me...We just can't escape it! Hope he gets better super fast.

Marco said...

Poor monkeys! I do hope Radar feels better soon and your universe, whether it makes sense or not adds up to more than zero soon.

We love you lots! And try not to catch what Radar's got!