Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It all started at the Barbershop

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I attended a conference in Miami last Thursday and Friday. Rather than stick Grammy with full-time babysitting duties for two days, I thought it might be fun to take Radar to the Barbershop...

to shave off that mustache of his...


Ok, so it's not a barbershop and Radar wasn't there for a shave...


Radar's buddy Ethan goes to daycare at the First United Methodist Church in Ft. Lauderdale and his mommies love and trust the center. So I decided to give Grammy a break and to see how Radar would do. Although he's used to having his own personal nanny, he does spend plenty of time with other kids at playdates and at the park. Plus, daycare has lots of cool toys!

It also teaches kids to share things...

...like grapes (that's Ethan with the white grapes and Radar with the red... just like his mommy, Radar prefers his grapes red, but if a friend offers, he'll try a white).


And of course, they share much more than that... daycare (and later preschool) is also a playground for germs. Those nasty little buggers gleefully hop from kid to kid, disregarding rules or nap time. There were about a dozen kids in Radar's little class and most had snotty little noses (literally, not figuratively... figuratively they were all very, very cute... wait, they were also very, very cute literally... nevermind... I just mean to say that germs abounded). Unfortunately, not everyone was as well mannered as Keegan who covered his nose before he sneezed!


But now that Radar is finally on the mend and now that I got more than 3 consecutive hours of sleep, I can say that it was a very successful trial run! Radar got smiley faces on his report cards (so cute.. they give each kid a report card every day) and he made new friends. The teachers were all wonderful and so good with all the little monkeys. It really is a wonderful daycare!

On Friday, my conference ended early, so we went to pick up Radar around 3pm. The room was dark, there was soft music playing and there were little people all over the floor on mats, swings and bouncy seats. Other than the teachers, there were only two other open eyes in the room... Radar's, of course! I wanted to get some pictures of Radar with the other kids, so we took Radar into the empty church to burn some time until the other munchkins woke up.


I found out that it's easier to take Radar to church when there's no one else there!

So that's it. Thank you so much Vanessa and Melanie for inviting Radar to spend a couple of days with Ethan. It was really fun for all of us! We will definitely do it again when I have business in South Florida. Until then...

Lots of love,
Titi and Radar

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Daycare can be lots of fun! I worked in one for awhile-- loved my kids. I mean it just melts your heart when a kid comes running screaming, "Ms. CHELLE! Ms. Chelle!" and wants you to hold them.
Of course, it sort of makes you scratch your head when the parent walks away chuckling and mumbling, "Sucker" under his breath... Ha, ha.

Anonymous said...

GOOD MEMORIES,,, I MISS THE NAUTILUS,, DAY CARE CENTER,LOVE THE KIDS,,IF WAS SAD TO SAY , GOOD BYE,,, LUCK LIKE RAFITA, ENJOY SPEND TIME WITH OTHER CHILDREN,,
SO CUTE,, I NEED ONE OF HIS SMALE FACES, REPORT CARD, FOR MIGUEL,, JAJAJAA
LOVE U ALL

Becky said...

Your blogs crack me up because they always lead me to believe one thing and its actually another, I.E. mugging the pregnant lady.

Lali said...

Daycare seems like a blast! I am about to go check out the Philly one.. I will inspect for literal and figurative snotty noses at this place!

You know, I agree with Angela, I would love a report card with smiley faces, for Miguel and for me! :)

And CONGRATULATIONS to Vivi and Rafa!!!!

Love,
Tia Lali