Monday, March 15, 2010

Traditions

Now that Radar is more than a year old, we're already starting to define some annual 'traditions'. Like Radar picking the Super Bowl winner (1-1 to date).

Last year, for no good reason other than to post a funny picture on this blog, I forced Radar to dress as a Roman for the Ides of March!!!

And so for no good reason other than to start a tradition, I thought I'd do the same this year. But maybe there's more to it than that. Maybe something really good will come out of this tradition.

Maybe this tradition, as Radar starts understanding things a little better, will spark an interest in history. Maybe he'll want to know all about how Brutus betrayed and brutally murdered Julius Caesar at the Theatre of Pompey.

And maybe that interest will spill into a broader interest of Ancient Rome's fascinating history and all the contributions made toward our own modern civilization...

Maybe that interest will spur further interests in arts and culture. Maybe he'll want to act on stage in a local production of Shakespeare's Julius Caesar where a talent agent will spot him and launch his career to super-stardom!!!


Or maybe he'll walk away annoyed because his mom insists on dressing him in a bed sheet and leaves every year just to take some pictures and post them on her stupid blog!

You never know!

Lots of love,
Titi & Radar the Roman

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Ha, ha. He looks so cute though! I think that is a pretty good reason.

Cousin Laurie said...

I love it!

Becky said...

Seriously, they owe us for all we do for them. I think he can handle a bedsheet. I have a 6lb butternut squash that looks rather inappropriate that I'm going to make Isaac take a picture with later! Its only fail.

Becky said...

fair not fail.

Radar's Mom said...

I was confused about the fail... but then I'm confused a lot, so I didn't give it too much weight and accepted that it's only fail! Can't wait to see the inappropriate butternut squash... my imagination is running with that right now!

Morgan Perry said...

LOVE IT!
::thinking of ways to dress up Grey...