Monday, April 19, 2010

I'm so mad, I could erupt!!!

Ok, that's just not true. I'm not mad at all. But I wanted to do a quick little post on that volcano in Iceland that has caused all sorts of problems with flights in Europe and that's the title that came to mind. Honestly - I'm not mad! I SAID I'M NOT MAD!!!!

Where was I? Right, that volcano. Our flight to Europe isn't for more than two weeks and flights into Spain seem to be some of the least disturbed, so I really don't think it's going to impact us directly. But I think volcanos are neat (as long as you're not under an erupting one or flying through the dense ash of one). I can't wait for Radar to be old enough for us to build our first baking soda volcano... you know the one where you add vinegar to baking soda water and it erupts! So cool!


So anyway, I was trying to think of what I could possibly blog about that has to do with Radar and the current volcano.

It was the Science Pundit who gave me the idea. I asked him if he had committed the name of the volcano to memory yet... he confessed that not only could he not pronounce the name, he also couldn't write it. In fact, he said, he didn't think he'd be able to pick out the correct name if it was next to a bunch of letters that Radar randomly typed on the keyboard.

So, ladies and gentlemen, I give you today's challenge... Below you will find four possible options... one is the actual name of the currently erupting Icelandic volcano that is causing untold havoc and the other three are Radar's entries. Will the real volcano please step forward?

1. Ghhkdghdsjhl
2. V Assx awwFG
3. Eyjafjallajökull
4. Kuybkxc$%xjn B

Lots of love,
Titi and Radar

PS - We had a surprise visit from Uncle Stefan and Louise last night. It seems that Radar's not the most personable host past 8pm. Sorry Stefan and Louise... I was happy to see you though (and obviously Fanny was thrilled!!!) Please don't let Radar's bad bedtime mood stop you from future surprise visits!

4 comments:

Lori said...

My guess is: #3 - Eyjafjallajökull and it is merely a guess since I am SO not up on the news of the world but it looks like the most likely candidate.

Lori said...

I must add that I think Radar should be in charge of naming future natural disasters since he's obviously so cleaver at it.

Tia Sara said...

It's obviously #3 since I don't think it is easy to add the umlaut to the o by chance. Titi, you must have had to look that up just like I had to look up Lichenstein (and I'm not doing that again).
Besos

Marco said...

Since China was not an option I too shall go with #3, however do I feel that Radar would be far more likely to find an umlaut by chance then one of us. I think the phone number he programed into my phone might have had an umlaut...