Tuesday, June 15, 2010

18 funny things he does

Today my funny little boy is 18 months old!


I thought I'd celebrate by making a list of 18 funny things that Radar does to make me laugh every day (he doesn't necessarily do each thing every day, but he makes me laugh every day with at least one (usually more) of the funnies listed here).

1. Telling jokes: Radar looks me in the eye, babbles something and cracks up - if I don't crack up with him, he gives me a "what, you don't get it?" look.

2. Wearing shoes: One of his top words these days is "bappos", (aka zapatos, aka shoes.) If he can't get to the closet or if there aren't shoes lying around, he'll come take them off your feet so that he can wear them.

3. "Du": Radar always wants to drink what I'm drinking (out of my cup, not his.) So he tricks me by taking his sippy cup and raising if for a toast... "Du," he says (aka Salud, aka Cheers!) When I extend my cup to toast, he grabs it.

4. "Da du": He's figured out every kind of light switch, so when I hear "da du", (aka la luz, aka the light), I have to quickly spot him because chances are that he's climbed a chair to reach the light. Monday at the doctor's office, I was discussing milestones with the doctor when I heard it... "da du" and there was Radar on the chair with arms extended - then it went black!

5. "Anny gugu": Radar loves Fanny now! When we take Fanny out for her evening walk, Radar waits until she squats in the grass and yells "Anny gugu!" (aka Fanny Good Girl).

6. Potty training K9 style: Speaking of squatting in the grass, although Radar's made zero progress on his potty since my report a couple of weeks back, he will run outside and squat in the grass and say "bee bee", (aka "pee pee")

7. Self feeding K9 style: He also intentionally spills food on the floor, then drops down to eat from the floor. Some of the other mommies got to see this at this past weekend's play date. All the kids were attacking the snacks. Radar grabbed a bunch, put them on the step and then ate them directly with his mouth - 'look mom, no hands!' The other mommies were VERY impressed.

8. "Le lo": Do all kids like ice? Radar loves it and it's always a mess. If I have any drink with ice in it, he comes over and demands "le lo!" (aka hielo, aka ice.) If I say no, he pitches a fit. I'll usually save the last couple of cubes for him... and inevitably they end up on the floor or in Fanny's mouth, which never stops Radar from retrieving them and continuing with his chilly snack!

new

9. "Le lo": I know, confusing... I just said that. But this time he's pointing at my wrist and saying "le lo" (aka reloj, aka watch). He loves it when I take it off my wrist and slip it onto his (which slides all the way up his arm).

10. Hide & you find it mommy: With the watch and keys and other assorted items that Radar gets a hold of, I always have to be super watchful of where he puts them because every day he's finding new places to hide things (although I think he rather sees it as 'putting them away.') This weekend I couldn't find my car key and had to use the spare. Then when I opened my purse to make sure I had my insurance card before heading to the doctor's appointment Monday, I found the key along with several raviolis in the side pocket (I thought he'd eaten those!)

11. Nariz: When I ask Radar to point to his nose, he sticks his finger clear up to his brain. Now when I ask him where is the "nariz de Mama" he tries to pick my nose too.

12. Dance moves: Well, you saw it in the video a few days back... Radar's white boy dance moves make me laugh every time!

13. Green cocktail olives: Radar's palate is quite sophisticated and in addition to junk, he also likes spicy foods and some things you wouldn't think, including green cocktail olives (with the pimentos inside). Every time I give him one he scrunches his face from the sour taste and once he swallows he looks up and says "MA" (aka mas, aka more.)

14. Glasses: Radar now loves to wear glasses - any glasses... his sunglasses or my reading glasses... whatever. Thing is, he hates wearing them on his eyes, so instead he carefully opens them and fits them onto his neck, then walks around with a big goofy smile on his face.

new

15. "Buh-bye": Another favorite. Not sure where he picked this up from, but Radar loves to grab a rolling suitcase or purse or other assorted bag then start walking away from you saying "buh bye." Somehow he knows that you shouldn't leave empty handed.

16. Cheater: Yes, Radar is already a cheater! His very favorite game is playing hide & seek with Mommy. When he hides, I never look to see where he hides (granted, it's always the same place). When I hide, I tell him to turn so that he can't see but he ALWAYS peaks over his shoulder (with a huge grin on his face) to see where I'm going. Then when I yell, "donde esta la mama?" (aka where's mommy) he laughs so hard on his way to my "secret" spot that he'll often fall down on the way!

17. "Uh oh": A very recent development (just a couple of days ago) within his repertoire. He now intentionally drops or throws something he know he shouldn't just for the opportunity to innocently say "uh oh!" A couple of times he's added a shrug of the shoulders to further proclaim his innocence.

18. Cariño : Since the get go, I have always repeatedly showed Radar how to treat Fanny and Mulligan 'con cariño' (aka gently & with affection). And he generally follows my guidance (although he strays every now and then with a whack or tail pull). But when I specifically ask him to 'dale un cariño a Fanny' (aka, give Fanny affection), he gently pats her. And the beauty of this is that it applies to humans as well. When we meet other people and I ask Radar go show them some love, he goes up to them and pats them like a dog!

That's 18!! But there are so many more things he does that make me laugh and make me so, so happy. Just Radar does it for me! He is a typical toddler in that he throws multiple tantrums a day, but he snaps right out of them and laughs a lot more than he cries. He is a happy, funny, wonderful and loving little boy who takes great pleasure in snuggling with me every day. He is all that I could want and so, so, so much more!

new

Happy 18 months Radar... keep laughing!

Oh, and since I mentioned his doctor's appointment a couple of times in this post, I guess I should give a quick report. The doctor declared that Radar is healthy, normal and doing great. And although the doctor didn't specifically say it, the measurements spoke for themselves and the verdict is that my son is a bobble-head!!!!

Photobucket


Measurements
Height: ~ 25%
Weight: ~ 15 - 20%
Head circumference: ~ 70%

Lots of love,
Titi & Radar

4 comments:

Lali said...

Where can I order a Radar Bobble head?

What a fantastic list! I am so amazed with Radar! He is wonderful!! Laughed out loud from 1 to 18!

All my love,
Tia Lali

Becky said...

Yeah seriously! I want a bobble head too! Isaac loves ice. He likes to actually stick his hand in whatever I'm drinking and yeah goes for the ice. This list made me laugh!

abo,, nana said...

RAFITA, happy 18 months old.. celebrate many many many more,,,
love u,
angela,nana and abo, abuelito

Anonymous said...

Titi:
Me encanta que le hables espanol al bebe. Es lo mejor que puedas hacer para que sea bilingue.

un beso,

Sara