Sunday, September 19, 2010

Out of Context

A couple of days ago I did a post about Vivi & Rafa's baby shower. I explained that unlike some baby showers where only ladies attend, this one included men and I said how much men love baby showers these days. I will now admit that I may have been being a bit disingenious. To put the cherry on my sarcasm about how 'real men love baby showers', I posted this picture of my cousin Rafa at his baby shower.


Photobucket

As I made my rounds, snapping shots of smiling ladies very much enjoying the cuteness of each new baby outfit and blanket and little pair of footsie-wootsie socks, this was indeed the picture I snapped of the soon-to-be-dad-again Rafa. But now Rafa has commented that the photo was taken out of context. I deeply respect and love my cousin, so it is certainly not my intention to malign him (if he doesn't deserve it, obviously - because otherwise I take great pleasure in doing so)!

And I'm not out of touch with reality. I know that sometimes pictures are indeed taken out of context...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

But I also am not out of touch with reality and I know that sometimes the 'out of context' line is used as an excuse when someone is very much caught in a real moment...

Photobucket

So, I guess I need some help. Am I being unfair to my dear cousin Rafa? Was he just a man who was basking in the joy of seeing that new squishy, fuzzy teddy bear, when a mite of dust maliciously jumped into his eye, thereby requiring him to dig in and clear his eyes? OR is the picture actually representative of a guy who thinks that baby shower gift opening is as exciting as watching paint dry?

And if the photo was indeed taken out of context, perhaps some of you could help put the picture into context for me so that we can set the record straight and clear my good cousin's name!!!

Photobucket

Thank you so much for your help!

Lots of love,
Titi and Radar

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post, although entirely out of context.

Love

Rafa

Lali said...

I take your questions very seriously. You know though, it would be very helpful to see that photo again.

Love,
Tia Lali

Anonymous said...

I thought he was touching his nose as if whatever he was seeing stunk to high heavens, but I can't be sure, because I was distracted by the eyebrows.

amy said...

sometimes when i'm having so much fun my nose falls off. maybe thats what happened to him and he was putting it back on when the picture was taken.

Marco said...

I know that look on Rafa, and it generally means "I accidentally shook up that beer I was shotgunning and it went straight up my nose". I don't remember there being canned beer but that MUST be it.

The Science Pundit said...

EVERYONE was tired! Not just Rafa. I mean that shower went on until past 52:22 which is waaay past most people's bedtime.