Friday, November 19, 2010

Self-feeding issues

Radar turns 2 next month

and yet he still prefers to be spoon fed

by Maria

so on weekends, he barely eats for me

every Monday he's skinnier than he was on Friday
(how I wish I shared this particular problem with him)

on vacations he drops lots of weight

so I have been asking Maria

to please let him do more self-feeding

she says she will

but she doesn't

she confesses that it's so much easier

and faster

and neater

to feed him

but I keep insisting

and starting today we're going on a 10 day vacation

so finally this week she's agreed to really make an effort

and this morning

Radar was given a bowl of blueberries

and a spoon

Maria let him self-feed

and it occurred to me that with a pug as his mentor

the whole self-feeding thing is trickier

and although I still think it's neccessary

I have to confess

that I do see her point

Photobucket
Photobucket

but we'll keep trying anyway

Photobucket
Photobucket


Lots of love,
Titi and Radar

2 comments:

Becky said...

He's kind of got the braveheart looking going on.

Marco said...

I think the trick is to give him all messy staining foods. Can we have spaghetti & meatballs tonight? Too adorable. Keep up the great work, Radar! Love you...