Monday, December 20, 2010

I'm pleased to report

Just a couple of weeks ago I posted a question about how long it would take before every birthday party we attended didn't end with Radar's face covered in cake. It was not a complaint. I love his cake eating style and although I suppose one day his table manners will improve a bit... well, I wouldn't mind if he still had cake face after every party well into his 20's.

So when December 16th rolled around and it was time to celebrate his own birthday, I got a big fat chocolate cake, covered with whipped cream icing... I didn't care that the ladies at the bakery had taken great care to decorate the cake as if it was for someone who cared about such things.

Photobucket

I had the camera aimed at the cake and ready for Radar to dive head first into it. Instead, a little finger slowly entered the frame.

Photobucket

Instead of diving into the cake, he was being all delicate about the process.

Photobucket

Mind you, I realize that everything is relative and that some people might not view fingering a cake, then 'double dipping' as delicate...

Photobucket

Plus, it's about expectations. I was expecting cake splattered walls...

Photobucket

Did this mean that the answer to my question was that the cake faced parties were already over... that it ended at 2?

Photobucket

I kept aiming and snapping, hoping that the cake was still going down!

Photobucket

But little Mr. Manners just kept up the careful and neat dipping and licking. Stinker!

Photobucket

So finally I relented and cut the cake and served everyone their proper slice. And although Radar didn't really give me what I had been hoping for...

Photobucket

...I'm pleased to report that he didn't totally dissappoint.

Photobucket

Onward to Christmas now....

Lots of love,
Titi and Radar

2 comments:

The Science Pundit said...

What are you talking about? Fingering IS the proper way to eat whipped cream icing!

Marco said...

The proper way to presample that cake would be to grab the chocolate dripped strawberries. Radar is still young... no doubt he'll learn soon enough.